cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file_2_file about EOIO issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have a file_2_file scenario with serialization.

For example:

there are 3 files(file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt) in a specific folder.The file sender CC processes these files one by one with QOS:EOIO and process mode:SET TO READ ONLY.

the question is:once the IS processes file2.txt error and raise an exception,the queue is then blocked but both of the 3 files are set to read only.

the client wants:only the file without errors is set to read only,the error and the following files(file2.txt and file3.txt in current scenario) is not set to read only.

regards

Ming

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The key is this scenario has the serialization.

The 3 files can only be processed one by one.

Once the 2nd file occurs an error.The queue which includes the following files is meaningless.The whole queue need to be deleted.

The client will recreate the 2nd file in the specific folder.Because the 3nd file is set to read only by the queue above,you have to remove the read only flag manually(sometimes,it's hard to find out which files' flag need to be removed).

Can i limit that a queue can only include one message?

regards

ming

Message was edited by:

ming yu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the reason is because as the File2 is erorroed out, the Message is stuck ( File 3 message ) in the Adapter Engine with the State as Holding.

Once you Cancel this Error Message, and resend the Holding Message the 3rd file will also be set to read only as the Adapter Engine would then have completed the processing of the file.

Regards

Bhavesh