Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What standard program should i use for processing of inbound idocs? the idocs are txt, and i'm wondering a standard program that works like FM EDI_DATA_INCOMING... Anybody knows?

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For inbound process, you can use standard progam RBDAPP01

For outbound you can use standard program RSEOUT00.

<b>Reward Points if this helps,</b>

Satish

0 Kudos

Ok... but i'm losing a previous step here. How can i convert the TXT files into idocs to be processed with program RBDAPP01? Just how i said before, i used the FM EDI_DATA_INCOMING... but that's only the function module. Is there a program for this?

Or must i make a z-program who calls this FM and then a submit to RBDAPP01?

0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Use transaction WE19 to process the IDOC from the file. It is a test tool for IDOC processing.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Mmm... we19... that is not what i need.

I'm ready to transport this idoc to production server, but i need a program to be scheduled with a job in order to take the incoming txt files, convert them into idocs and automatically process it.

Rgrs.

0 Kudos

Ok, i make a z-program which process all txt into a folder of the application server. But now i have a new issue, the processing of idocs are asynchronous, so this mean if several idocs modify one document, while processing the first idoc the others go on error. Ex:

idoc1 -> document_a

idoc2 -> document_a

idoc3 -> document_a

after processing

idoc1 -> ok

idoc2 -> error: user wf-batch is processing document_a

idoc3 -> error: user wf-batch is processing document_a

Is there a way to process idocs synchronized?

Rgrs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to use the program RBDAPP01 to process the inbound IDocs and RSEOUT00 to process the outbound IDocs.

Reward if it is useful

Thanks,

Srinivas

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use standard program RSEINB00 to process inbound file (IDoc format).

Also please check FM IDOC_INBOUND_SYNCHRONOUS for inbound process syncronized.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Ferry,

Thanks, that's the program that I need.

I was reading about idoc processing, it seems that idocs are asynchronous processed by nature... Regarding your FM, how does it works? Can I use this FM with the RSEINB00 program together?

Rgrs.