Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The use of BAPI_USER_LOCACTGROUPS_ASSIGN and BAPI_USER_LOCPROFILES_ASSIGN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I know we can call these two functions into a CUA master system to assign roles and profiles for users on different child systems. I also know that when using these two functions we can specify both the "SUBSYSTEM" and the role/profile name.

What I want to know is that if I can only specify "SUBSYSTEM" without the name of the role/profile. This is to create the user onto the child system without assigning any role/profile. My test shows that it is working I just want to know if this is the normal way of doing things.

I know when using transaction SU01 to manage user in a CUA environement, I can create user onto child systems without assigning any role/profile. I am just wondering if SU01 is using the trick that I mentioned above to achieve this.

Thanks heaps

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone please share your thoughts.

Your help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Why can't you use the BAPI_USER_CREATE1 to create the users.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

I am connecting to the central system of the CUA. Do I need to connect to the child if I want to call BAPI_USER_CREATE1 to create user on it?

0 Kudos

Yes. Or you can use this as an RFC to create the user in child system.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I am pretty new to this SAP technology and I am using JCO to talk to SAP. Could you elaborate a bit more on how to use this RFC to create user in the child system?

0 Kudos

Could someone please share your thoughts

Thanks

0 Kudos

hello anyone? please