Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Search term

Hi, I have a problem which may be hard to explain so I can repeat it if you cannot understand. This is my problem:

In the vendor master or material master or anywhere in MM if you hit F4 you get a search options right ....I wolud like to add a new search help I want to search the vendor masters by account groups and also by industry tab in control screen ...can any one help me with that.

Thank you,

Srix

Former Member
Former Member replied

You may just need to give functional specifications document filled and given to your ABAPer. They should take care of.

In US projects, clients don't even allow functional consultants do this work and neither allow functional consultants to have developer key....must be a practice developed by developer team managers like this, to have their jobs secured!!

Of course, Matchcode, LSMW, User Exit (simple ones), Routines, Formulae, (everyhting from VOFM) and ABAP Query, Report painter etc can easily be done by any expert functional consultant....However, in US, most of the clients do not allow this area to be worked out by functional folks due to obvious reasons....Now a days, those who switch from ABAP to functional consulting role after couple of years of experience, may do these areas even though current role is "Functional" because when they are offered such Techno-Functional role, they are expected to do anyway...

Regards

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question