cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search term

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a problem which may be hard to explain so I can repeat it if you cannot understand. This is my problem:

In the vendor master or material master or anywhere in MM if you hit F4 you get a search options right ....I wolud like to add a new search help I want to search the vendor masters by account groups and also by industry tab in control screen ...can any one help me with that.

Thank you,

Srix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can define your own. However, matchcode will be setup by ABAPer not functional folks because it requires Developer Access, I think.....You need not do it yourself...Just explain your reqs to your developer. They will do it for you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay Gopal, I will ask my ABAPer to do it. However is there anything at all that I need to do as Functional in this screen Maintain Search help.

Thank you

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe it is country specific, but from a consultant working in Germany, it is expected that he/she does it without ABAPer help. Even user-exits are defined as beeing filled with life by functional consultants. ABAPers developing more complex reports and dynpros.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may just need to give functional specifications document filled and given to your ABAPer. They should take care of.

In US projects, clients don't even allow functional consultants do this work and neither allow functional consultants to have developer key....must be a practice developed by developer team managers like this, to have their jobs secured!!

Of course, Matchcode, LSMW, User Exit (simple ones), Routines, Formulae, (everyhting from VOFM) and ABAP Query, Report painter etc can easily be done by any expert functional consultant....However, in US, most of the clients do not allow this area to be worked out by functional folks due to obvious reasons....Now a days, those who switch from ABAP to functional consulting role after couple of years of experience, may do these areas even though current role is "Functional" because when they are offered such Techno-Functional role, they are expected to do anyway...

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can define your own search helps and add them to the others in customizing.

IMG > Logistics general > material master > tools > maintain search helps

IMG > Logistics general > business partners > vendors > control > Maintain search helps