cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping issue - transformdate mapping function - urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

all,

payload has date as "000000000" the mapping function transformdate is changing to 0002XXXXX.

y is this so?

we are on sp 18 of xi 3.0.

Did anyone face this issue

Please respond.

reg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi naveen,

when ever we using the date transformdate function we need to give the any valid date..other wise the function assign some defult value because they use calendar lenient...

if u remove this function ( funtion in advanced properties) in mapping level it will throw the error... if u give the valid date then it ill accept it....

so they use some default value calling in calendar lenient and restrict this error in mapping level....

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.. this is bug in datetransform function. In order to handle it, you will have to check if the date is all zeroes if not only then use the datetransform function

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dont worry

it is because in the datetrans function advanced properties, you have selected the option of a <b>Calendar is linient</b> and in any case the result, <b>it is a bug</b>

<i>When a Calendar is lenient, it accepts a wider range of field values than it produces. For example, a lenient GregorianCalendar interprets MONTH == JANUARY, DAY_OF_MONTH == 32 as February 1. A non-lenient GregorianCalendar throws an exception when given out-of-range field settings. When calendars recompute field values for return by get(), they normalize them. For example, a GregorianCalendar always produces DAY_OF_MONTH values between 1 and the length of the month.</i>

Message was edited by:

Shabarish Vijayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

-Check whether you get the same by using the test tab in Message Mapping.

-Check by using the actual payload also

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

-Check the mapping you have done.I hope you are not using some user defined function or java mapping.If so, check that out.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Why there are 9 zero's?? "000000000"</b>

If I am not wrong it should be 8 Zeros. "00000000"

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

better to paste the same payload in the Mapping Test tool and just chek what

you are getting there..

Thanks

Farooq.

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

we have faced this problem in IDOC to SOAP scenario.

if you pass date with all 0's you will get out put as 0002(year) 11(month) 30(Date).

i guess this issue is something related to java.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it happening in the test tabl in message mapping test tool as well??

VJ

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>we are on sp 18 of xi 3.0.

Not because of this

Regards

Agasthuri Doss