cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Workspace that won't die... (HELP !)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I read through OSS and the older threads here, and was able to delete a couple of test tracks and workspaces, but one is persistent:

I have created two tracks, TRACKOLD and TRACKNEW. I have deleted TRACKOLD, but it still shows up in the DTR. Funny thing, when I open the URL .../dtr/ws as WebFolders, I see only system and TRACKNEW. When I go to the .../dtr/ws in the normal browser (not open as WebFolders), I see system, TRACKNEW and TRACKOLD.

When creating a new client in NWDS, it gets both TRACKOLD and TRACKNEW from the DTR, and I really need to get rid of TRACKOLD.

I tried all kinds of combinations in dtrshell for deleteworkspace, but it always says "Could not retrieve folder item". What should the exact syntax be ?

I set the repository display name to DEVDTR, so is it

deleteworkspace -w DEVDTR/ws/TRACKOLD or

deleteworkspace -w //DEVDTR/ws/TRACKOLD or what ? Nothing seems to work.

Any help on the deleteworkspace and / or the WebFolder delete mystery si highly appreciated !

-Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured out how to delete the workspace from dtrshell, but still can't delete the folders. When creating a new client in NWDS, TRACKOLD still shows up.

>delete -r --sure //TRACKOLD

Folder item "//TRACKOLD" is not activity recorded

Try "deleteworkspace" command for deleting workspaces.

>deleteworkspace -w //TRACKOLD

Folder item //TRACKOLD is not a workspace

>Unexpected problem occurred during executing command.null

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.tssap.dtr.client.commandline.DeleteWSCommand.execute(DeleteWSCommand.java:60)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.commandline.DTRClient.executeCommand(DTRClient.java:153)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.commandline.DTRShell.executeCommands(DTRShell.java:167)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.commandline.DTRShell.main(DTRShell.java:89)

How can I get rid of the darn folders ?

Anyone ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Peter,

Here is the solution,hope you removed all folders under workspace and the workspace folder.

if you are facing problem delete folders.

in IE put this URL

http://<server>:port/dtr with valid userID and pass word

now you will be abel to see Root with all the folders, drill down to the folder which you want to delete,now copy the URL which is showed in IE window.

Open another IE window file open enter the url which you copyied from first IE check the box Open as Web Folder, with valid UID pass word you will see folder which you want to delete now right click and delete the folder and subsequent folders above that folder.

Hope your problem solved

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

thanks for your answer. As I've said above, I see the TRACKOLD folder and subfolders in the Repository Browser, but when I copy the URL and "Open as Web Folder", I see only "system" and "TRACKNEW", not the "TRACKOLD" folder I want to delete.

-Pete

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

In general, the structure of folders created in DTR is as follows:

/ws/<Track Name>/<vendor>_<SC Name>/<System>/<State>

Here is an example:

/ws/APL70SP/sap.com_CAF/dev/inactive

Now in the above hierarchy, the folder "inactive" is a Workspace. All the folders above this (dev, sap.com_CAF, APL70SP) are "workspace folders".

You delete a workspace using the DeleteWorkspace command (in the DTR Commandline client), and you delete a "Workspace Folder" using the method outlined in note 855537 (You need to perform this deletion bottom-up - starting with the lowest member in the hierarchy).

If you are not able to see the "Workspace folder" as a web-folder, and yet you are able to see it in the normal hierarchy, then there is some inconsistency - we recommend that you open an OSS ticket so that our support guys can take a look at this.

In future, there will be a possibility to get rid of all these folders using just the single operation of track deletion (This is a planned feature).

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Manohar, I have opened a OSS ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addition:

When opening .../dtr/ws as a web folder, I see only system and TRACKNEW. If I try to manually create a folder TRACKOLD her, I get an error that the folder already exists. I guess that means that TRACKOLD is not only a stale reference somewhere in the DTR, but really exists, even though it doesn't show up in web folders ?

??confused??