cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD - Technical System Wizard - Select System: Only None (Standalone J2EE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to connect to some RFC-Modules on a SAP/R3 System from my NetWeaver Web DynPro Application. Therefore I have to create JCO-Connections for the Models I created (MODELDATA_DEST and RFC_METADATA_DEST). For this I have to define the System I want these JCO-Connections to connect to in my SLD which I'm trying to do using the "Technical System Wizard". (SLD -> Technical Landscape -> New Technical System -> Web AS Java (because I'm developing a Java Application).

In the next screen I have to specifiy the location of my Server. I thought, that here, I have to define my SAP/R3 Server to which the JCO-Connections for my two models shall be connected. But the only option I can choose for "Web AS ABAP" (The ABAP System where my RFC-Modules are stored I guess) is "None (Standalone J2EE)".

Why is that? Or am I missing something? I thought I have to specify the SAP/R3 System containing the RFC-Modules here and not my local NetWeaver Server.

Thanks for your help

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there seems to be a misunderstanding here. For JCO to work you need to set up the ABAP-System as a technical system in SLD, otherwise the Java-System is not able to determine information like Hostname and Portnumber for the RFC. Of course it's good to set up your WAS-Java in SLD as a technical system as well, but for the JCO the ABAP side is more important as far as I can see.

To have a clean start I suggest that you set up all involved technical systems in your SLD.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Jörg, you are right, there was some misunderstanding from my side. But since I only wanted to use some RFC-Modules on a SAP/R3 System I found it much easier to rather use the Java-Connector instead of using a Web-DynPro Application. So I don't need to configure SLD any more.

Thanks for your help anyway und noch einen schönen Tag.

Thomas