cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Transaction Browse in our xMII application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to add a Transaction Browse button which open Transactions File dialogue where I could select an xMII Transaction. Once the value is slected, it should set the value in my html input field.

I am very sure it is possible, but was struggling to get it working. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sara,

There are a few Predefined templates already there for you:

Predefined/TransactionFolderListQuery and Predefined/TransactionFolderBrowser can be used in an iBrowser applet (will give you a tree mode folder selection of the BLS directory structure).

A SelectionEvent can then trigger a function that gets the selected path from the tree and passes it to another iBrowser applet using Predefined/TransactionListQuery and Predefined/TransactionBrowser (will give you a list of transactions in the specified folder). The script will be: document.ListBrowser.getQueryObject().setFolder(strFolder);

document.ListBrowser.updateBrowser(true);

where strFolder is the selected path from the tree browser applet.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremey.

It is very useful. I was trying to call function promptTransaction() and selectTransaction(), how it was done in Schedule Editor. But I had some issues in running some of the javascripts loaded from subModal.js.

Your solution will work out for me.

Thanks Once again.

-Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Your solution worked for the Transaction Browse. Is there any query templates and display templates defined for browsing Query templates?

Thanks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Also I would like to set intial value for the folder and transaction in the tree (for TransactionFolderListQuery and TransactionListQuery). How I do that?

This is to allow the user to take him to the entered transaction in the field. If the user has already entered some transaction in the field and click on the browse botton, the file dialogue shown to the user should show the entered folder and transaction as the default folder and transaction.

Thanks,

Sara

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sara,

If you want a good starting point and some self-service answers to the basics behind your questions I would highly recommend looking at the following two pages:

1. MetricEditor.htm (includes the input text box and a '...' browse button)

2. MetricQueryTemplateSelector (supporting popup page that includes the iBrowser applets).

Both of these pages can be found on the server: C:\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\Lighthammer\ActivePortal

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jeremy. I will take a look at it.

-Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Thanks Once again. Everything worked as expected.

-Sara

Answers (0)