cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Importing Message Mapping into Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we are trying to import a Repository Object from one box to another. The import goes ok, but when I try to open the message mapping I get the following error:

<b>Unable to load function storage</b>

Can anyone point me to where this error could be occurring? We did not have this problem before when we did the transport.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a UDF called Storage in your mapping?

If yes, can you open this UDF and see what are the Imports it has.. Maybe on of the imports is a custom class that needs to be imported in the Imported Archives?

Or maybe, check if the versions of the Datatype and Message types being used in this message mapping are the same in both the environments.

Which SP is this on? If latest SP, maybe a bug as well..

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a UDF that sets Dynamic Configuration for the url for posting and the file name. There are no imports attached to it.

I have double checked the versions for the Datatype and Message types and they are the same.

I am not sure of the SP but it is the same one we used to successfully transport it before.

Thanks

Mike

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am lost, maybe time to raise an OSS note.

If possible, can you keep us updated with the fix / solution as and when you get the same?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, have tried everything I know (not an XI expert) but can't seem to figure out why it will not import, when it has imported in the past. As I stated earlier when I try to open it after the import I get the original message I posted above, and today, just for fun, I tried to edit it and got the following message:

<b>System is not the original system of the software component version. Do you still want to edit the object?</b>

When it opens, it won't let me change anything, but gives the original message I gave above.

Any new thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, one more thing just came up that might help with a solution, when I try to create a new Message Mapping I get the following error:

<b>You cannot create new objects since the system is not the original system of the software component version</b>

So if I can't import it, and I can't create it, what can I do?

Thanks

Mike

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

did you transport the SWCV at the SLD levels?

The error message you are getting is because

A) the SWCV is not available in the SLD

B) you manually created the SWCV in the new Landscape and the GUID's are different

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

To avoid these errors, double click on your software component version and go to change mode.

Check the Object Attributes

"Objects are Original Object" and "Objects are Modifiable" and save.

It will pop up a warning. Press enter.

Reopen your mapping and go to change mode.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your help. We still have an issue with our Message Mapping not coming across. We built everything from the SLD so our GUID's now match, but the Message Mapping does not come across and when I try to open it I still get the message <b>Unable to load function storage</b>. It appears that the UDF is not coming across with the import and therefore the entire mapping is not showing up at all.

Any other ideas that might help?

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I think I found my issue with the Message Mapping, but I do have a problem still. In the box we are exporting from we have the Node Function: useOneAsMany. That function is not in the box we are importing. This function is used in the Message Mapping. How can I get this function in our box, is it a Basis issue for them to handle?

Thanks, again for all of your help

Mike

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting analysis.

My gut feel.

1. Both systems are not at the same SP level's . UseOne As Many was introduced in one of the later SP pakcs.

2. If both areo n the same SP Level, the Metadata in the SAP Basis Component points to a ealrier SP version and maybe reimporting the SAP Basis in the new environment to the corresponding SP would do the trick.

Do keep us updated on the issue,

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I will forward this to our Basis guys and have them take a look and let you know how it turns out.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

My analysis was correct and you pointed me in the right direction. Once I had Basis check the SP levels they found the box they were moving things to was older than where the objects were created. Once they brought the box to the same SP level everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A very important lesson learnt as a part of this exercise . Glad to be of help.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Is any UDF involved

2) Check whether you have imported all the dependend objects

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is one UDF involved. How do I export and import this? The person that used to do this does not work here any more so I am not sure how it was done in the past.

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

As far as UDF is considered, when you transport mesage mapping, it will transport all UDF created in message mapping....so it shdn't b a problem. ( Try to re-transport..also clear cache using TC :SXI_CACHE)

Check if you have any dependent objects which are not transported. Check for sender / receiver mesasage type and corresponding Data type is also present in your new system.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have checked all dependencies and they all seem to be there. This Message Mapping seems to be the only problem that we have. We have cleared the cache a couple of times but it hasn't helped.

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to reimport it.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, we have tried to re-import it at least 6 times. We don't have a clue as to what might be wrong. The transport out of one box looks good, it is just on the import that there seems to be issues.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using any global variable...and common data type which you use it in other name spaces.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, not that I am aware of. I have looked and all of the namespace's appear correct. I checked the from box and to box.

Thanks

Mike