cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS Command : execution of script from diff. location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a script and stored in one directory. This script works fine when i execute it from directory.

But when i call it through Sender File adaptor in OS Commands it doesn't get executed. I think PI is not able to find the script file.

So can anybody plz tell me how to set path or do i need to put my script file in any particular directory like "/usr/bin"?

Thanks in advance.

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>This script works fine when i execute it from directory.

Great

>>But when i call it through Sender File adaptor in OS Commands it doesn't get executed. I think PI is not able to find the script file.

Can you check whether you Adapter is in Active status.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Audit log.......

Time Stamp Status Description

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success Message successfully received by messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://uslzt22x:54000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI Credential (User): PIISUSER

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success Using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success Delivering to channel: File_RCV

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success MP: Entering module processor

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success MP: Processing local module localejbs/CallSapAdapter

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success File adapter receiver: processing started; QoS required: ExactlyOnce

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success File adapter receiver channel File_RCV: start processing: party " ", service "SAP_DeliveryInfo_BUSS"

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success Write to file "/PIS/inbound/DIS/Deliver_In.txt" as binary, size 59 bytes

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success File processing complete

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success MP: Leaving module processor

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success The message was successfully delivered to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.

2007-11-20 12:06:34 Success The message status set to DLVD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My adaptor is active and working fine.

I am doing file to file scenario where in i m deleting file when i pick it up and at the same time i want to create a empty file in that directory(I have written script for that). And i am putting file in different FTP location.

only part which is not working is Script to create empty file. Script is sysntactcally correct currect but PI is not able to call my script while my sender channel is picking file.

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah it does happens some times.i don't even see any mention of scripts in your log which is not correct.

try giving the OS command as sh <path>

i had a same issue with perl scripts and it worked fine by giving OS command as perl <path>.

also make sure that the script file is in correct directory on XI server(not your local PC),even if there is any error in executing OS command it will show up in audit log for communication channel monitoring

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

My file is in PI server only and i am giving path as "/PIS/outbound/echo.sh %F"

I tried with echo command for error also but it also not working.

Since there is no mention of script in audit log i am unable to find out what exactly is problem.

Is there any way to debug it?

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

give the OS command as

sh /PIS/outbound/<filename>.sh

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks.Your command works when i give it in telnet.

But when i give it in PI it doesn't work.....

I am not able to trace this script anywhere in PI server while monitoring / or in audit log....

Is it that we need any perticular service activated or any patch installed to execute scripts in OS commands?

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok tell me one thing,is /PIS/outbound/ your home directory,if not then you need to give the complete path,there is no patch as such to install,at most of the places i have seen we have some additional tool which schedules these scripts to run on a periodical basis,the main advantage of this is that we can monitor the log for the scripts, in XI you can't do it until and unless you create an additional log file via the OS command and this log file stores all the execution data.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

there can be 2 things here

first you need to check the communication channel monitoring and see if it gives any error for script(it will give one line in the of the log so look for that).

if it does,then XI can read the script but is unable to execute it.

if it doesn't give any error then you might need to change the way you have given the script name.

if its a perl script then give perl /usr/bin if its a Unix script then you need to give the command according to your Unix shell

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for your reply.

In Communication Channel monitoring there is no error. and when i tried to execute my script normally it works fine. There is no error in it. I think only problem is PI is not able to call my script.

i am using Unix Shell script. Can you plz suggest if there is any restriction on putting file in particular directory? if yes which is that directory and if not then do i need to set path etc...?

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no restriction,can you paste the audit log for your message here?

Thanx

Aamir