cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied on Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my situation. I am using an anonymous user to access an page with a bunch of iviews on it. The iview all show appropriately. However, in the Result Set iview, there is a link on one of the columns that is shown (in this case it is called "Submittal").

When I click the link to open the document, I get an error:

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :
iView : N/A
Component Name : N/A

Access denied (Object(s): com.sap.portal.system/security/sap.com/NetWeaver.Portal/low_safety/com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews/components/ObjectServer).
Exception id: 10:45_20/11/07_0002_15350950
See the details for the exception ID in the log file

I tried altering the safety for this component to low, and even none, but none of those work. If I log into the portal, the document shows fine, it just seems to be for the anonymous user that it doesn't have access.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this error? Points will be awarded.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered in another forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, if it matters, the document I am trying to access is a pdf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, just a thought. I'm no expert on the portal, but I'm pretty sure that users on the portal need to have user mapping to MDM in order to access documents stored in the repository. So if your PDF is a document that is being accessed from the MDM repository, and that user's role doesn't exist in MDM, then he probably would have an access problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I agree that there has to be user mapping done, and that part has been done on portal. I have done user mapping on the anonymous user to an account in MDM that has access to the pdf documents.

It is also the same user mapping done for my account, and when I log in I can see the file fine, it is only with the anonymous user that issues arise.