cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To view reports in new page for each cutomer using Report Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all

I have a requirement to view the data (key figures) for each customer in a new page.

I have created the same using the Report Designer tool.

Now there is setting for this Group Header 'Customer' i have selected the option 'repeat group header on each page'

still the query when generated, gives fine results for certain cases but not for all.

like it will show the each customers in a fresh page for some pages , then in midst there would some 2-3 customers in the same page.

There is no relation between these customers , they are same as the other customers, no difference at all.then i am not able to figure out the reason why it is behaving so odd.

Thanks

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh.

I have no specific answer to your question, except to comment that I'm sure you aren't surprised... Report Designer still has many bugs as I'm sure you will have discovered, yes?!!

If you wish to join Pavel and I in collating issues, feel free to email me (details on my Business Card). Pavel has produced a substantial list of issues he has encountered - limitations as well as bugs - and we are keen to share experience with anyone else who is gaining working experience of Report Designer... hope to hear back from you.

Best regards,

Patrick

Message was edited by:

Patrick Byrd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

i´m certainly not surprised , i have myself discovered so many bugs there....

like it is not possible to edit the layout once created. or e.g if you modify your query in the query designer & add subtract some fields, they dont get reflected here , we have to re-create everything manually again.

Do update me if u find solution

Rgrds,

ramesh

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

I put a quick document together that describes how to add fields after you modified a structure in the query. Send me an e-mail, and I will forward the document to you

Pavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

Could you please explain how you were able to add the new fields that were added to the query in the report designer.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still not resolved

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

right now there really is no way to solve what you are looking for. There partial solutions, but you will not be able to force a page break in a dynamic report.

Here is what I have faced, and what I have come up with so far:

I have a series of reports that have the same column heading, but spread over 5 pages in a fixed structure. I need to be able to re-use the header and the general report design with 6 reports. Here is my solution:

1. Create an outline of the report. I did all the formatting by creating a report section for each page. You can force page breaks between the pages. Upgrade to patch 1502 (came out last week) and you will see some new functionality (such as fit to page, page numbers, etc).

2. Insert all you page breaks and do all the formatting.

3. Insert an infoprovider. Once in, you can just drag and drop the key figure cells into your formatted report.

4. Create additional modification for formatting as needed.

This fixes my problem (for now), but I had to do a lot of work to come up with this. Also, the latest patch (1501 and 1502) has created an issue for me - there is a null exception when I try to use a variable or a filter value in the report body - I can't save the report. I have an OSS message out, but our BASIS guys are going to be taking the lead on troubleshooting this.

The reason that you are seeing some customers on the new pages is probably because of "how the cookie falls" - they just fit that way.

I am trying to be positive and overcome the limitations that are in place right now. If my technical issue is solved, I would recommend upgrading to the new patch (1403 is the latest stable one in my opinion)

good luck

Pavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel

how can I force a page break between pages ?

& is the page number fnctionality not possible at SP 15 ?

how can i generate this to a PDF without using Broadcaster ?

we are at support package 15.... & dont wish to upgrade further if as you say higher patches are having problems

rgrds,

ramesh

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

the only way you can force a page break between the pages is to go through the way i described - you need to create report sections, and you can force a page break before or after the section

Support Package 15 makes the page numbering available for you

for PDF - you should be able to just click print from the report designer, and that will take you to PDF.

If you are at SP15, I would recommend upgrading to patch 2 - check what patch you are on. My issue might be limited to just my issue - I am trying to create a fairly complex report. There were issues in the first 15 release, but they were fixed by 1501 and 1502

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

to clarify a little more on the page break part:

1. create a new report

2. insert report sections

3. on the left, open the report tab on top and properties on the bottom

4. When you click on the Static Block in the report section (top, Report pane) you will see in the properties windows another block appear - Rowpattern. you will be able to check off for a page break there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel

I did the same initially also, for page break,

Even for the Customer it has same setting, still it breaks the page only for certain customer s & not for all... i dont know the reason for this unusual behaviour .

Is there something that can be done is such a case ?

Regards,

Ramesh