Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File in network server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to access a file in a network server in wich it is required a network logon. Is there a way to make this logon? Or is there a way to show the windows logon window so the user can logon to the server himself?

Another possible solution would be for the server to access the file itself but i need to list the files in the directory so i can get the file name but i don't know how to do that from the server (not from GUI). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Nuno Miguel Silva

2 REPLIES 2

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can map the network Drive forcing Windows to ask for User/Password before your abap is running.

Using a UNC Path thats no problem when logging on to the network server is done via windows trust (so you are not aksed about that).

Automitacal logging on is not possible.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't want to have to create a drive map in the users computers.

And if i try to get to a file using UNC it just fails and does not ask the user for the user/password.

The strange thing is that if i use the "Open File" dialog it does ask me for the login. That would be exactly what i need except for the open file window being shown.

Thank you

Nuno Silva