cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR's taking too long agsint same PO no's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM champions

While the users are doing GR(goods reciept) in the production env., they face a long delay if the GR(5-8 minutes) is done consecutively against the same PO number. i.e they face delay i ndoing the 2nd GR and not the first.

That is message we get is

"Document in transfer for Purcahse order. Creation not possible"

Note if the instead of doing GR agaisnt the same PO If we had chosen the another PO number we are allowed to do the GR immediately.

It becomes annoying for the end user when the many many GR's have to be done consecutively for the same PO.

can someone suggest few notes or perfomance tunning or anything they have done when confronted with same type of problem?

Regards

Sairam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the solution in the foll thread:

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for your reply.

We are able to do the confirmations and the process is completing fine but the trying to do consective GRs against the same PO number is taking too much of a time. We have to wait 5 to 8 minutes until we are allowed to continue.

Can you help identify what we have to do to speed up the system responsiveness in such case?

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards

Sairam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u><b>Please activate the index tables in your system according to note 721358 (SRM3.0) or note 856803 (SRM 4.0). This will improve the performance a lot.</b></u>

<b>Index tables BBPD_PD_INDEX_H and BBPPD_PD_INDEX_I. These index tables are THE SINGULAR most importat tables to any performance driven SRM system.</b>

<u>See SAP OSS Notes -></u>

Note 856803: Performance improvements inlist displays' &

Note 721358 Perfomance improvements for list displays

<b>These index's are relevant for ALL documents i.e SC, CF, PO, IV.</b>

<u>Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul