cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get quarter report based on the calmonth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I have a report where the user has to enter the calmonth and will get the report for that quarter based on calmonth. We have customer exit which takes care of this. But if i place the calmonth in free characteristics and calquarter in columns, even though it shows the correct quarter, but the report is calmonth reports. When i delete the restriction, its giving me the correct result. I think since the calmonth is in free chars and being restricted by a variable, the result is shown for only the calmonth not calquarter. Is there any way i can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Peter R

• Points will be assigned**

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Create a hide column and insert there 0calmonth. With this solution the system will require you the 0calmonth variable and you will be able to calculate the quarter but the 0calmonth won't affect to the whole query.

I- hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can put the calmonth variable in a new column and hide it. This should solve your problem. After that you can check if you need separate restriction in each column. This is the best way to achive your result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

I created a new selection, pulled the calmonth, restricted with the variable and hide it, this time i do not see any values in the report. since i am hiding its giving any values, still it is restricting the result set.

Thanks,

Peter R