cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Exchange Differences

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do we account for when the exchange rate changes between PO and invoice?

I have posted an A/P invoice on to our system for $1,000,000 on 31 October 2007 when $1 = £2.00

I have now paid the invoice so $1,000,000, but the exchange rate is $1 = £2.10

2 questions - How do I match the payment against the invoice?

Granted the $ is zero, but the Business Partner shows a £ balance of (($1,000,000 / 2) – ($1,000,000 / 2.10)) = £23,809 difference in exchange rates. So how do I account for the exchange rate difference to clear the account?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is manual work. you could use exchange rate differences as a standard one. It is available in financial module. you execute on the date where you post the AP invoice. There is GL account for realized exchange rate gain and loss that must be set in the GL account determination.

The transaction journal will be resulted in after perform the exchange rate differences. I have performed this work and the result is okay. usually the company do this yearly or monthly if the exchange rate of currency is not highly fluctuations.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jimmy for your very quick responses. I am now relaying this to the Finance Dept.

Just out of interest, what industry are you in? (Groovy UK are international distributors and designers of licensed products such as Playboy, Ferrari, WWE, Jimi Hendrix)

thanks

Paul

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anytime Groovy. I work in a IT solution and product company. The company provides consulting and it is reseller of ERP software. Our ERP project ranges from domestic and foreign. The consultants have many experiences since the early launched of SAP B1.

have a nice day...

Rgds,

Answers (0)