cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORACLE FAIL SAFE SERVER/CLIENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have succesfully installed Central instance in my cluster environment..Im at the stage of creating oracle fail safe group[step 7.3.12] in installation master guide.and having few error messages and warnings.The reason i believe to be is when installing ORACLE FAILSAFE SERVER and FAIL SAFE CLIENT,i had given differen oracle home names on each node.

The questions are

1.if i uninstall and install OFS now after installing Central Instance, will there be any side effects?

Below are the oracle home names given on nodes

node1 node2

OFSRV OFSSRV

Im thinking to uninstall OFS on node2 and install OFS using oracle home name as OFSRV,so to avoid any issues, as central instance already got installed on node1.

Help!!!

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhukara_shenoy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

There shouldn't be any issue in Reinstalling the oracle failsafe again.

Regards,

Madhukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you madhukar ...which i have already done

but when im verifying cluster im getting few errors and warnings..

0x80040154 class not registered

FS-10750 node s5 failed to create local class factor

FS-10755 oracle intelligent layout COM

FS-10658 and 10669

any one have any idea about the above please help me

madhukara_shenoy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Please check whether SAP note 390486 helps. It looks the error may be because of some authorization issue. Above note may be good starting point.

Regards,

Madhukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhukar,

Thanks for the info i followed the note but the problem did not resolve..i also tried adding oracle to fail safe group in like stand alone database..

when i actually verify the cluster im getting other error messages like few things not got installed?

10658: the oracle management agent software is not installed on any cluster nodes

10658:oracle intelligent agent software is not installed on any of the cluster nodes.

10658: oracle application server software is not installed on any of the cluster nodes.

106569:the oracle intelligent agent resource provider DLL(FSCOAGENT.DLL) not found in first node.

So at the end of the note it said if the problem is not resolved then the best thing is to re-install.so im wondering how this can be done,i think there should not be any problem in installing OFS again on both nodes but not sure to what extent this problem will resolve as i have i

uninstalled and installed OFS couple of times on both nodes.

Regards

Raj

Message was edited by:

raj p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

After little bit of research i found that i need to install RESOURCE PROVIDER can any one help me out where can i i find this and installation procedure and precautions to be taken..

Im confused when this would be get installed as part of OFS SERVER/OFS CLIENT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I have started whole process again from OS now again im stuck at the same situation "verify cluster " and im getting the same error. can anyone in this world help me plssssss.

regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Check if you have created the required resources via, cluster administrator for IP/Network Name.

I guess some of the shared resources are not accessible, while installing OFS.

I'm relevantly new to installing oracle services for MSCS, so my views might be a bit odd.

Let me know if this point helps in the ongoing investigation.

Regards,

Kamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

for WARNING : FS-10658: The Oracle Management Agent software is not installed on any of the cluster nodes

refer Note 1437469 - FS-10658 during Oracle Failsafe Cluster verification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

Have you manage to solve the issue?

Do let me know if you've already have the answer.

BR,

Eida

Answers (0)