cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle High Availability Solutions and SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently use SAP and BW modules and was wondering if we the following High Availbility Soliutions are supported with Sap. I am more interested in Oracle Bi-Directional Streams. Please advice and provide me if any noteid exists. I searched for Oracle streams, but can't find any notes

1) Oracle Bi-Directional Streams

2) Orace RAC

3) Oracle Dataguard Standby

4) Oracle materialized views

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

madhukara_shenoy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothi,

I don't think Oracle BiDirectional Streams is supported in SAP environment. When this is not supported most likely you will not get the note for that.

Materialized views are not used in the SAP environment. The only exception is the online table reorganization with BRSPACE which uses materialized views implicitly.

SAP per the SAP note 105047 Materialized Views can be used.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,

Madhukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I reviewed and found information about RAC and Standby.

I didn't find any note or information wether Oracle BiDirectional Streams and materialized views or supported in a sap environment. Please advice. Any Noteid would be helpful for oracle streams and materialized views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

Streams are not permitted: sap note 105047 - Support for Oracle functions in the SAP environment -> number 44

<i>44. Streams

Cannot be used.</i>

RAC is used for SAP/BW, but has a high complexity.

When you configure a standby db to a BW you will have to set 'FORCE LOGGING'. This will possibly lead to slower data loads on the the system, because the indexes cannot be created with 'NOLOGGING' anymore.

If you replicate your db with a standby db, then you might still loose some application filesystems, for example /sapmnt/SID/global holding the job logs.

Regards

Michael

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

http://service.sap.com/ha

for High Availibility information (not only specific to Oracle but also to Enqueue service).

Also see

527843 - Oracle RAC support in the SAP environment

105047 - Support for Oracle functions in the SAP environment

--

Markus