Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PU00 error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have the HR person running PU00 transaction to delete

the Employee.

She is getting error message for P_PERNO after she runs

the SU53. Value" R" is showing up in SU53 for P_PERNO.

Findings :

Ran ST01 nothing shows up.

She has the access in her profile for specific infotype and P_PERNO.

SU24 the Auth. Object P_PERNO is not checked for Check Indicator.

The vaule " NO" is showing up for this one.

Changing the indicator value TO "yes" may resolve the issue ?

Please advise.

Thanks,

From

PT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi pranav,

object P_PERNR is related to access of an employee's own data. as per your description it doens't look like the HR person is trying to delete her own employee data?

furthermore, does the same error appear when deleting employee data via PA30>Tools>Delete... ? or via program RPUDELPN (deletes the employeenumber as well)?

I'm also not clear on what you mean by the access the user has for P_PERN<b>O</b> and the specific infotypes?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check if the user has required structural profile?

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi pranav,

object P_PERNR is related to access of an employee's own data. as per your description it doens't look like the HR person is trying to delete her own employee data?

furthermore, does the same error appear when deleting employee data via PA30>Tools>Delete... ? or via program RPUDELPN (deletes the employeenumber as well)?

I'm also not clear on what you mean by the access the user has for P_PERN<b>O</b> and the specific infotypes?

0 Kudos

Dimitri,

object P_PERNR is related to access of an employee's own data. as per your description it doens't look like the HR person is trying to delete her own employee data? No she is not.

She is a HR Manager. She was trying to delete the data for

employee who was starting the job but decided to not to showup.

She has the P_PERNO maintainance access for following infotypes

with E (everyone)

Please see below.

Manually HR: Master Data - Personnel Number Check

Authorization level D, E, S, W

Infotype 0000, 0001, 0003, 0004, 0007, 0008, 0010, 0011, 0014,

Interpretation of assigned per E

Subtype *

Why is she is still getting the error message ? She already has the access

to maintain the infotype for other employee.

I have not tried running report yet but I am expecting the same result.

I'm also not clear on what you mean by the access the user has for P_PERNO and the specific infotypes? Please see above.

Any suggestions, please let me know.

From

PT.

0 Kudos

hi again pranav,

the 'E' in the PSIGN field (interpretation...) actually means exclude instead of everyone. you could also enter I (include) or *, which is in turn interpreted as I.

when deleting a personnel number, you should be looking into the authorization your HR manager has for object P_ORGIN. this object relates to the actual access needed to delete personnel. since the manager is not deleting her own pers. number, there's no need to check the P_PERNR object.

when using PU00 you will be deleting infotype-records and the actual personnelnumber. you will need authorization (W at least) for P_ORGIN for the required infotypes, but when deleting organizational data (IT0001) you will need PLOG object authorization as well because you most probably will be deleting the relationship to the position the employee was fulfilling.

I think you only need DISP authorization for the PLOG object, but you should check that...

when the personnel number has payroll data (in clusters) you will also need authorization for the P_PCLX object.

for your understanding, I suggest that you do a trace (ST01) for the user (HR manager) when she's trying to delete the pers. number.

good luck and let me know if you succeed!