Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Users to schedule job with class A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any possbility to prevent users to schedule a job with a A class ?

Could you tell me which autorization object I can use for that.

Thank you in advance,

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i know SM37 control by S_BTCH_ADM to restrict user can not change job class to A just give blank value in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for that answer

Message was edited by:

Alexandre Belgrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm meeting antoher problem.

Users of the system already have roles that allow them to schedule jobs with any classes.

Is there a way to create a role that cancel this autorization.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

Hello Alexandre,

There are only a few special areas in the system authorizations, where giving the user more authorizations will result in less access.

I am not aware that this area is one of them.

Sorry, you will need to restrict the other roles and potentially also create a new one for the job admins who should be able to schedule higher priority jobs.

I remember having read something a long time ago where on 46C you could specify the name of the server on which created background jobs would run when the user scheduled it, and this setting was server specific. The idea was to isolate the server on which they would then ran, so that the others are protected from the load. Whether that works at all or anymore, I am not sure.

If that is at all an option for you, I will see whether I can find it.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I'll do that, thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We meet a new problem.

Actually users needs to reschedule some jobs (created with another user).

The changes made on differents roles (S_BTCH_ADM) allows users to reschedule only owned jobs.

May someone have a solution ?

Thanks

Alex

0 Kudos

Scheduling jobsteps under foreign user ID's is controlled (the name of the ID) by object S_BTCH_NAM. You need to be carefull with that one though!

Kind regards,

Julius