cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking VC iViews to ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using ESS (erp2005) on EP7.0

Have created my new VC iView and wish to link it for use within ESS (Employee Self Service) how do I create that link for use in the Homepage Framework?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding the VC iview to the ESS home page is same as any other iview .

Add VC Iview to a page.

Add the page to the workset that you want to show.

Copy the PCD location of the page , Log into SPRO transaction in R/3 Cross applicationcomponents -> Homepageframework->Resources ->Defineresources -> Define Resources

give the PCD URL there . Now add the resource to the area page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tummuru!

When I add a new Resource where do I add the following PCD Location of the page?

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.gm.cnt/vcmodels/com.myComp.myProduct.FE.ESS_Communnications_IT105/com.myComp.myProduct.iviews/com.myComp.myProduct.EW.Ict_details

Directory Path?

URL Parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

there you will find a property called URL of PCD Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added it to the URL of PCD page and I'm getting an error 'Page not found or available' so I wonder if I'm missing another setting.

However, when adding the VC iView to the Page not through the Homepage Framework it works!

Although, I'm getting an error message 'An error was returned from the backend system: (PG) No data stored for 0105 in the selected period' There is data present so I wonder if this is something to do with my 'Start Point'?

Should I be using 'User data'?

Thanks once again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try giving the following url ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.gm.cnt/vcmodels/com.myComp.myProduct.FE.ESS_Communnications_IT105/com.myComp.myProduct.iviews/com.myComp.myProduct.EW.Ict_details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tummuru!!!!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can add the iView to your portal role then it will appear in the navigation.

Best Regards,

Marcel