cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis match in attributes of item category B-limit and PO item details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I could not able to create a Blanket PO with document type FO and item category B (limit).

Normally for a blanket PO, GR is not allowed and IR is mandatory. So, I could able to see these checkboxes for GR (not set and grayed) and IR (set and grayed) in the item details of the PO in delivery and invoice tabs. But I end with an error message that 'GR is not set is used is not allowed' (exactly i don't remember but some thing like that)

Before creating a blanket PO, I found that in 'attributes of item categories', that for the item category B, GR is set and IR is not set (in customizing-OMH4). Of course, one cannot change the attributes of item categories.

I suppose due to this mis-match in the attributes of item categories and that in the PO, I'm getting an error message while creating a blanket PO and could not able to save.

Also I have checked all the system messages for the message displayed. No where(i.e. in any message class or category and for that message number) I found any such message defined with error in 'attributes of system messages' for purchasing, material master, inventory, invoice verification etc.

I suppose this error message is coming somewhere from the application program for the PO.

So, what can be the solution

waiting for your reply.

thank you

Message was edited by:

srinivas vandana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess, the account assignment category that you are using along with the item category may have contradicting configuration. Open a session for item category config as you already know. Open another session for Account Assignment category configuration:

SPRO> MM>Purchasing>Account Assignment> account Assignment category

Go to the details screen of your account assignment category being used. You can verify if there is any discrepency between the config stuff between Item Category and Account Assignment Category and correct it. As Item Category is non modifiable in SAP, you have no choice than correcting config in account assignment category to match such stuff. Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. I haven't mention this point in my thread but I have already tried this.

I have tried matching the GR and IR controls of account assignment category with PO GR, IR controls and also with item category B, GR, IR controls. Still i am getting the same error and could not able to save the PO

Also I have checked the field settings for PO for all categories like transaction relevant, item category relevant, etc in customizing.

Main problem is both GR and IR controls are being grayed in PO. Other wise I could able to change them as per my wish and could able to avoid the error even though the GR and IR controls in PO are correct as per the process requirement.

If possible, please check the GR and IR controls for item category B (in my system it showing that GR is set with binding and IR is not set with binding). But it should be reverse as per the process requirements and in limit PO it is showing correctly. i.e. with GR is not set with binding and IR is set with binding.

thank you