cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Phys Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client wants to implement Continuous Physical Inventory Method. That means throughout the year counting will go on for different materials with objective all materials to be counted at least once in a year.

I have heard that SAP has this feature of continuous inventory. By I am not clear how SAP ensures that all materials are counted in a calender year. Is there any specific process ofr any specific report dexist for this??? It is extremely difficult to maintain all the counting record manually and control.

Your valuable inputs will be appriciated with points as earlier.

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anymore valuable reply to this thread??? Otherwise I will close this.

Regards,

Santosh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you use just inventory management or WM?

in both cases you have to plan outside SAP when you want to count which location , or what materials (or bin in case of WM) .

Then you carry out creating inventory documents in SAP according to your planning, entering the count, posting the differences at the counting date.

In December you check which material (or what bin in case of WM ) was not counted throughout the year.

In IM you can check this in transaction MIDO.

In WM you can check with LX25

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

You may use the cycle counting method of inventory due to which you will achieve continuous inventory through out the year and covering all materials at least once in a fiscal year.

For this, you need to define the cycle count parameters in IMG (ABC indicators) and assign to material masters. The assignment of CC indicators can be done by automatic means using the transaction MIBC (can opt the basis as consumption values or requirements values).

After maitaining the master data, using transaction MICN, you can create the PI documents which are planned based on CC data.

warm regards

sairam akundi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cycle counting has nothing to do with continous inventory, it serves totally different goals.

Continuous inventory enables the company to distribute their total amount of counts throuout the entire year.

Cycle counting is used if you have poor accuracy and you need to count materials more often. E.g .an A item 12 times a year. B items 4 times a year...etc.

In Continuous inventory you count an item just once in a year.