Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Own ZCX Exception Class, how to translate

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've written my own ZCX_XYZ exception class. On the tabstrip "Texts" i've entered some texts, but how can i translate those texts? When i'm going to Goto/Translations i'm just getting empty object list...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried through SE63? Translation->Abap Objects->Short Texts. Then technical short texts, Classes. It may work.

matt

10 REPLIES 10

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried through SE63? Translation->Abap Objects->Short Texts. Then technical short texts, Classes. It may work.

matt

0 Kudos

I'm getting empty object list, too.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rainer

Transaction SE63 is the right one. However, texts for exception IDs are OTR texts. Thus, you have to choose:

<b>1. Transaction SE63

2. Menu Translation -> OTR Objects

3. Menu Translation -> Short Texts (alternatively: Long Texts)

4. Enter the Logical OTR ID of your exception ID</b>

Where do you get to <b>Logical OTR ID</b> from?

Display the <i>Attributes </i>tabstrip of your exception class. Assuming that one of your attribute is named EXCEPTION (which is a public constant) the initial value of this constant is the logical OTR ID.

Push enter and you have the text available for translation.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi,

when i'm going to attributes i do not have one with the name exception, but i have an attribut with the same name as the class. this has as initial something weird (type sotr_conc) which looks like an id. But when i'm using this id in SE63 i still go object not found.

0 Kudos

Grasping at straws... log in to SAP in the other language and set the text directly.

matt

0 Kudos

Hello Rainer

I created the exception class ZCX_SDN_EXCEPTION which has a public constant of the same name with the initial value = 'CEC9C5A1230D7546944DED595BF66CD7'. As text I defined "SDN Exception" (language = EN).

When I proceed as described above (logon language = EN) I have the problem on the ECC 5.0 system that in transaction SE63_OTR the translation parameters have the following settings:

- Source Language = 'EN'
- Target Language = 'DE'    " (acutally it should be the other way around)

I cannot switch the languages using the TOGGLE button (due to a customizing problem). However, using the F4 help I can switch the languages. Next I push the button EDIT and then I see the English text and below it an input area for the German translation.

Thus, there is no difference between automatically generated and self-defined exception IDs.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Thanks for investigating again. Using SE63_OTR i'm getting the message that this is obsolet and i have to use SE63.

To make things more clearer i made some screenshots.

<a href="http://666kb.com/i/atri3x4ib1uryogzr.png">Class with Attributes</a>

So i have a class ZCX_FTP, the superclass is CX_DYNAMIC_CHECK, and i have an attribut which was generated automatically with the same name of the class.

The texts are as follows:

<a href="http://666kb.com/i/atri6gk1z8qn3ff9j.png">Defined Text</a>

So now i'm going to SE63 (BTW are these texts otr short texts or long ones?), entered the ID and pressed Edit:

<a href="http://666kb.com/i/atri82j1b5x02q7ev.png">SE63 with ID</a>

I'm getting Object does not exists....

Logging on with different language might be a workaround with de/en, but i have some difficulties navigating inswedish, greek, france and half a dozen more languages. On the other hand, i do not want to hand over the source texts to those who translates the texts. I'm really lost in this and cant find online help/documentation dealing with this.

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So finnaly i found out on how to translate exceptoions classes. Its not enough to specify the objectid, the package must be mentioned, too:

ZTBEU01                       4741900DB33201B3E10080000AF00E6B

Entering this as the object id i can now translate my texts. Thanks a lot, Uwe.

0 Kudos

Hello Rainer

I assume this difference is due to different SAP releases (support packages) on our systems because on the ECC 5.0 system it worked without the package name.

Anyway, one problems less around in the SDN...

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

i'm on ECC 5.0, so it must have something to do with supoort packages. Reading a lot of the FOH i cant find anything about on how entering the object ID.