cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch download problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed Netweaver 04s on td1 machine with sp6 patch. As per our requirement, we have to upgrade the patch to sp13. For this I have downloaded the patch from sp06 to sp13 from SAP market place. While downloading it shows near about 23 files. But when added to download basket it shows only 13 items. It gives message that remaining file needs some approval. I really do not know to how to approve for these remaining file to download.

I have downloaded the 13 items successfully and applied also. But it system information it shows sp06 patch as remaining files are not applied.

Does anybody know about this? This is really a serious problem if it is not resolved.

Regards,

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have access to Solution Manager? If you do,

1. Login to your Solution Manager

2. Using t-code <b>DSWP</b> ---> Select <b>Operations</b> from the left pane.

3. Select <b>Change Management</b> from the right pane.

4. Click <b>Maintenance Optimizer</b>

5. Under Plan Maintenance select <b>Production Version</b>

6. Check the <b>System</b> check box and click continue

7. Click <b>Continue </b>again

8. Under Download Files, Click <b>Confirm Files in Download Basket</b>

Now you can download the rest of the files. I hope this helps.

regards

tamilboy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tamilboy,

Thanks.

I followed the steps mentioned by you. But when I use DSWP, i am not able to see Operation menu on left pane. I see something related to SAP Solution Manager: Active Solutions. I think we are on right track but only think that I could not see Operation menu. Please guide me for this.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Please find the link to find an actual demo:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90454eea-3564-2a10-d0b9-c84d4683...

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The left pane might be hidden. If that's the case, you have click the small right arrow to expand it. Then you will see 3 options

1. Solution Overview

2. Operations Setup

3. Operations

Let me know if it works.

regards,

tamilboy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot tamilboy,

actually i am not able to see any small right arrow.

Infact in change management menu, I can see only 3 submenu

1) Change request management.

2) Hot News

3) Support Package and Stack

as per my knowledge there should be fourth menu and it should be Maintainance optimizer.

But I cannot see this menu... please let me know how to move ahead or is there is any other way to download these package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahajan,

You can get your packages approved by SAP if you have an OSS account. Create an OSS message under the application area <b>SV-SMG-MAI-APR</b>. And write your message like "<b>Solution Manager down, please approve the packages on <your-name-here> basket, to continue installation</b>". SAP will approve your packages and then you can download them.

regards,

tamilboy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your problem solved?

regards

tamilboy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tamilboy,

Thanks for co-operating with me. Actually I followed this and sent an Message to SAP. But still I have not got any response. I was waiting for this only. I will let you know if I get any response from then. Otherwise I will investigate on the first solution given by you.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks tamilboy,

I could successfully download the entire patch. As you said, I created the message. It is then approved by SAP and all the components which were there in approve list are now available in download basket.

Thanks a lot again.

Regards,

Chandan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Chandan,

Since April 2, 2007, SAP Solution Manager is the only source from which customers receive new maintenance updates for SAP NetWeaver 2004s and beyond, as well as applications based upon it (including mySAP™ Business Suite 2005 applications). Please find further information regarding <a href="https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000689877&">Maintenance Optimizer</a> and SAP's Support Infrastructure:

So you have to configure Solution Manager to approve your SP.

Bye

Giuseppe