cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in approval process in role expert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to import the SAP roles properly.

I downloaded the roles from backend . But while importing them I am getting a list of backend roles and against each of them following message <b>Error in processing role infomation. Role not imported</b>.

What could be the possible mistake? I have set <b>Upload Directory</b> = ursula\sap_temp.

One more problem, while creating a new role I am able to reach successfully till the risk analysis phase. After that, as soon as I click on approval , i am getting message <b>Error in creating request</b>.

I suppose the control should go to Access Enforcer from here.I have already set AC Workflow URL for role approval in Configuration -> miscellaneous.

Thanks in advance!

Anubha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

When importing the roles from backend system are you including the "Role Export Information File" along with the file that contains the actual roles? Also you will want to maintain your role attributes before attempting to import your roles.

The request error message that you are getting sounds like you have not defined the RE workflow within AE. Confirm that you have defined the following: Custom Approver Determinator, path (and any required stages), and the RE URI (Miscellaneous -> Workflow Types).

A good place to check for additional information about these types of errors is to check the log file (AE, Monitoring -> System Log, "Get Log", RE Log History -> System Logs, "Get Log"). There is a ton of useful information captured there.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mike has given great information.

The log may not give complete import error details with the trace level.

You need to change the trace level to error or debug (temporarily).

Roles data entries may also be not well formatted.

Please send the log details for further assistance.

Have A Nice Day.