SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CookBook for Student Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,Joachim,Gajalakshmi,Ramesh

Can you please provide me the cookbook for student accounting.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

such a cookbook does not exist and will not. I can recommend you a consultant to help you and training.

Regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

> such a cookbook does not exist and <i>will not</i>.

A very strict statement

Why is it so? Having at least some tangible material on Student Accounting would definitely help to speed up adoption of Campus Management product as such. I'm sure this benefits long-term SAP strategy as well.

Janek

0 Kudos

Hi Janek,

Cookbooks - in the way I define a cookbook - make sense for particular functional areas - like VSR rules, ISR application for admission, degree audit etc.. Usually cookbooks are good to support technical configuration work. There areas within Student Accounting where this could make sense as well - e. g. Fee Calculation.

However Student Accounting as a whole is a complete scenario and requires also a thorough understanding of the business scenarios. Without bringing the configuration in the appropriate business context, it will not help for a proper implementation. Trainings or learning from an experienced consulting are probably the best way to address this.

Best regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

Well, I guess Fee Calculation is the core of Student Accounting.

So if we could get some advice in a form of a cookbook, this would be a great starting point. Usually, training/consultants don’t make much sense until you touched and learned (with your own fingers) the basics of that area. After absorbing this minimum, training/consulting process becomes a lot more efficient.

My 2 eurocents on this

Janek

0 Kudos

Fee Calculation is certainly a cookbook candidate. Usually in the exercises for the training there is a pretty good fee calculation example which most consultants use as starting point.

However Student Accounting overall is much more. It includes account master data, account maintenance, posting, clearing, dunning, collection agencies, bills, statement of accounts, integration to GL/ FM/ CO, cash desk... actually for someone with a technical background fee calculation is probably easier to learn than the rest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Consult with a FI consultant and then read the book . So it will be a good start .

Prior to that if you an opprotunity to attend the training in SLCM for Student Accounting , it will be more helpful to have a overall knowledge over it .

Good Luck !!!

Regards

Gajalakshmi