Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR-ABAP basic questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) What is the reason for using infotypes with different way(not the same way as in ABAP) of saving the records the database is used in the ABAP-HR Programming?

2) What is the some reason for using Logical Database more ABAP-HR?

3) What is the reason for using precoded macro's in ABAP-HR?

12 REPLIES 12

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I remember correctly, the HR module was a bolt-on product bought by SAP and slightly reengineered in the early days.

So the answer to 1) 2) and 3) is : historical.

rgds, matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hsitorical??!!??

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, historical. Back in the early days it was decided to do it that way. Now we live with the consequences. Actually, it makes a lot of HR programming rather straightforward, as much complexity is hidden in the logical databases and macros, and info-types closely match the way the application works.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Your answer may be perfectly correct and honest but that won't help the original poster pass the interview or complete the pre-interview technical quiz now will it?!

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gareth - That's Ture!

Matt - Please be elobrate

Former Member
0 Kudos

hhahahahaha priceless!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greth & Sameer,

You funny! guys, I want to Award you 10 points for you comedy show. I had gone through your talent log at your business Cards I find you both all the time togehter posting some comedy well done!.

Moderator - Please go through the posts these two fellow and kick them out Other Wise it's waste of time for Serious like us on SAP.

Thanks

SDN Powered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greth & Sameer,

You funny! guys, I want to Award you 10 points for you comedy show. I had gone through your talent log at your business Cards I find you both all the time togehter posting some comedy well done!.

Moderator - Please go through the posts these two fellow and kick them out Other Wise it's waste of time for Serious like us on SAP.

Thanks

SDN Powered

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The implication from Gareth and Sameer is that you are asking these questions in order to complete a pre-interview test or such like, rather than to resolve a particularly urgent issue, or just to clarify your own understanding. I've looked at your other postings, and will give you the benefit of the doubt.

You ask me to elaborate. I've neither the time nor inclination to write essays on every subject. I've given you a general answer to a general question. If you'd care to post more specific questions, I'd be glad to help.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

I am trying to learn ABAP-HR and found that many things that sound different in HR-ABAP can be achieved through normal ABAP below are the some

1) Infotypes - I had read some where that records get saved horizantally (record1 record2 record3) instead in a vertial save ( record1

recordn).

Why is that this type of database design is adapted. Ofcourse these are called repeate structures I guess.

Why is that infotype need to have self built database table, internal table and structure?

This is being already handled in Normal ABAP by creating internal table refering database table/structure.

So my 1st question in the previous to know what is making infotype different than normal way of having a internal table.

2) Macro - is the precoded select query but that is already coded in TRMAC. My question over this when we can have select query what is the need for the precoded stuff?.

For example why to have "RP-READ-INFOTYPE" on some Infotype when this can done through Select * from TABLE pA0*** where field1 = 'xxxx' .

Any ways Thanks for your response,I have 2 years of experience in ABAP and want to shift my self to ABAP-HR. I always try to have strong foundation/understanding of the basics and post the questions to know the differents views (approach of thinking of other ABAPER's). Many times the response provide me very...very valuable stuff and this is the frist time that I have a response that is different from Grath & Sameer. But I guess any response that posted to question which is related always related to ABAP is definitely going to be helpful in one or the other way (may for having good understanding or for preinterview..or some thing else) .

If the post is found to be non sense there is responsible person "MODERATOR" to block the post. I Dont know what made these two guys bother them much.

That's great! that you gave me a repsonse that I was always expecting

Ty

SDN Powered

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't really add to my previous responses:, except that for 1) and 2), It's because it was designed that way, and HR was developed originally seperately from SAP.

If you really want to get on in ABAP-HR, I propose you get the book mySAP HR - Technical Principles and Programming from the SAP Press. Also, consider attending the HR Programming course - used to be HR350. It's very useful.

If you're a reasonably competent programmer, you won't find much difficulty cutting over.

Don't spend too much time wondering about why things are as they, just concentrate on learning how they are. Essentially, that's the way it was done originally, and it would take far too much time and effort and retraining to change it.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link

Reward if this helps,

Satish

Message was edited by: Moderator

• On all your replies, is there really a need to remind for the points? For the threads which are marked as questions, it means that points would be awarded as appropriate.