cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Implement basic Insert ,Update and delete Actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i want to implement 1)INSERT 2)UPDATE 3)DELETE actions in webdynpro application means i have to add a new record to my R/3 backend and update and delete records from my database

can anyone tell me how to do these actions

Regards

Padma N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to have BAPIs for performing all the operations.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza ,

i have a module called Z_Matrls_For_Plant.i already performed search of a particular palnt number.Now i have to add(INSERT)new plant with its detials in to the database and has to perform both DELETE and UPDATE actions also

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

You need to create a seperate BAPI or insert or delete or can incorporate all the things in the same BAPI. Import this BAPI in your WD project and then pass the necessary parameters specified in the BAPI to insert your record.

Your insertion query would be written inside your BAPI.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza ,

can u give any pdf /lin regarding these actions which may helpful to me

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Padma,

See if this example helps you in understanding the things.

/people/ramganesan.karuppaiah/blog/2006/12/14/material-creation-bapi-access-in-webdynprojava

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza ,

I have 2 views in my application.In the first view i enterd some purchaseorder number and clicked serarch button.The items regarding that purchaseorder gets populated in the table which is in second view.All the data is in R/3 backend system.

the code i used to get the details of that particular purchaseorder is

try {
wdcontext.currentZ_Matrls_For_Inputlement().modelObiect.execte();
}
catch(RFCException e){
/* Catch the Exception Here */
}
Here now i want to delete one record of that particular purchaseorder from the database.So Wat should be the code to delete record from R/3 Model

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

You don't have to write the logic for deleting the record from R/3 in your WD application.

Ask ABAP guy to create a BAPI for your which takes in the purchase order number as an input and delete the record from R/3 for the corresponding purchase order number.

The method for executing that BAPI would be same as you have mentioned. You just need to execute the BAPI. All the logic to delete the record in the R/3 would be handled in BAPI itself.

Hope, I am clear now.

Warm Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma

You need to write a BAPi to insert, update, and delete your records. In that bapi create one input parameter for insert or update or delete the records. Based on that flag you need to write logic in the ABAP code.

Regards

Suresh