cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC for Sales Organizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

I'm just thinking about how to design a reusable component that displays a list of sales organizations (<b>BAPI_SALES_AREAS_GET</b>).

I want to be able to reuse this list - e.g. a dropdown field - within different Web Dynpro (Java) applications for the portal. As far as I know I must create a development component in order to achieve this, right?

Can anybody give me some hints for a good solution? I'm pretty new to Web Dynpro and don't know much about the concept, yet...

<u>PS:</u> The overall goal is to have a portal application which uses a set of reusable application components for certain functions.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct. Implementing your functionality using a DC is ok. Later point of time you can re-use the functionality of the same DC inside another DC.

Hope gurus here have the same thought.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, as a simple start what should I use - Portal Application Module/Standalone, Web Dynpro, J2EE/EJB or Web Service?

Right now, I'm a bit lost. Would be great if you could give me some advice - maybe a good (and easy to understand) tutorial.

What I've found already ist this documentation: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c1/369989bf58674ea73a7c99634a9350/frameset.htm">Creating a Web Dynpro Development Component Project</a>

Just a basic example would be really helpful for now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Select webDynPro as your project.

You can also take help from this sample application in the link:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/fd/ed32a8c9994b4ba4a1645a764814db/content.htm">First webdynpro application</a>

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The basic example is running. But how can I connect to a BAPI now and display the data in a dropdown list?

I know, this topic has been discussed already in the forum. But I really can't get to the point. Could anybody please help me out with a basic example?