cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI with different clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a XI with a client 001 that is defined as 'Integration Server' in my SLD.

Can i create a new client (for example 100) that also works as an 'Integration Server'?

In:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e1/0c733cb7d61952e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

It is said that:

In other clients, you can configure the Integration Engine in such a way that its task is simply to send and receive messages.

What does it mean?

Thanks and regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, maybe i was not clear enough..

Let me describe the scenario again in a new version:

System A (client 200)

-

>

XI (client 001 [Integration Server]; client 100 [Application System])

-

>

System B (client 300)

Can i send now from A to the XI client 100 to realize this scenario and if yes what i have to configure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

no, this is not possible for standard XI scenarios.

Either your client 100 (Application System) plays really the role of a System A or System B. In your case XI is running on client 001 (and not in client 100).

Why would you need such a scenario at all?

Maybe if you explain the background for this requirement, we can find a better working solution for you.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the idea was to have different scenarios in different clients (of the XI).

I thought that it's maybe possible, but if it's not possible i'm asking myself

for what are different (XI-) clients good for?

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

you got the point.

Different scenarios are already possible to run in one XI client, as XI provides you with the possibility to create and configure multiple different scenarios. This is what XI is all about.

To have multiple productive clients running XI (Integration Server) would be nice, if you want to keep messages completely separated and have as an outsourcer one XI client assigned to customer A and one XI client assigned to customer B sharing the same SAP System. But this is not supported from a configuration point of view.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

so far it's clear, but i still have the question:

For what do i need then different XI clients ?

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

for example you can use the other XI clients as business systems and implement there some customer applications and interface codings.

I know about a customers who implemented a complete file transfer authority check application with user confirmation for processing etc., and they are running this customer own written application in a second client on their XI system.

You can think of any customer own application ...

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Think i know enough now.

Thanks to all (especially Silvia)!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so far.

So if i have a second client (for example 100) on my XI and i define it as an 'Application System'.

If i have for example now a scenario System A-> XI -> System B defined i my XI.

Can i send now from A to my client 100 or only to client 001 (defined as Integration Server)???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Patrick,

If you have made an SLD entry for the new client and you have configured according to your example scenario, then what ever you send it is meant for 100 (System B) and not for 001.

regards

ramesh p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

in your case you will be able to send messages out of client 100 (Business system A) via the XI client 001 (Integration Server) to another business system, or to receive a message from another business system via the XI Client 001 (IS) in your client 100 (Business system A).

That means you can use your other clients on the XI System to play the role of a business system (which will be either a client(Outbound) or a server(Inbound) against the XI system running on one dedicated client).

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cant have diffrent clients on the Integration engine because the main purpose of the integration srever is to recevie and send message(Monitering). So if you create other client then it will become the application system. So the integration engine is a runtime component of the XI and has task of receiving, processing and forwarding XML messages.

Regards

Sai Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Integration Engine on the Central Exchange Infrastructure system is configured as the Central Integration Engine and is known as the Integration Server.

All other Integration Engines are configured as Application Systems.

So this is not possible i believe.

Thanks

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

no, thats not possible. You can have only one IS, the other clients have to be "Application Systems". In that role they can send and receive msgs via the IS.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We can have different clients on same IS.

If you can recollect Development and Quality will be on the same IP.

Please correct me if iam wrong.

please reward with point if found useful.

regards

madhu