Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with variant while executing the program in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am facing an issue while running an interface program in the background.

There are two scenarios:

1. I run the program from the SE38 screen with variant X which will take me to the selection screen. Then i use F9 to run the program in the background.

2. I run the program using the Execute in Background option from the SE38 screen itself and using the variant X.

Both will create jobs in SM37 but in case1 i'm not getting the correct output. In the output program statistics i can see the variant has been converted to some SAP codes '&0000' instead of X.

I really appreciate if anyone can give me pointers on why this is happening and how it can be removed.

Note: I've coded abt variant X in some parts of the program. e.g IF sy-slset NE 'X'

thanks in advance

Nirmal

1 REPLY 1

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal!

In the selection screen you get first the values of the variant (by selecting the variant / starting with this variant) - but then you can manipulate a value -> sap creates a dummy number where the actual values are saved for the job.

If you really need to check the variant of the job, then it's best to use SM36 to define a job. Here you have full control of the job parameters, otherwise it's more luck, if variant X is still used.

Regards,

Christian