cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating PDFBinary with user input

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a interactive forms problem.

I am dynamically displaying my PDF by Streaming bytes into a context element of type binary called pdfBinary. I have set the Interactive PFD document mode to usePDF and the pdfSourse to the context element pdfBinary. The document displays fine.

I wish to submit the form by using a Web Dynpro button but I can not update the context element pdfBinary with the data the user has entered in the form. The form always saves without the users input.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

El

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

one thing i noted.

The pdfsource shd be of type binary and not of pdfbinary.from ur post i assume you hv pdfsource if I am not wrong.

rdgs,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am setting the adobe interactive form's pdfSource property to a context param called pdfBinary which is of type binary.

I stream the byte[] of my pdf form into this context menu and the form displays fine. However, when the user submits the form the binary is not updated with the users input and saves the file in its original state?

Thanks very much for any help you can offer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ellis obia

change your property 'mode' to updatedatainpdf. the mode which you are using does not change the original pdf document and your source will be ignored. i tried out your scenario and it is working.

regards

vln

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help.

I have it working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks,