cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer tables between workflow container and BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've a BSP which I call from a workflow. I connected the workflow with the BSP through the use of transaction wf_extsrv. This all works perfect, only I can't transfer internal tables, multiline container elements or strings that are longer than the max. CHAR255. This raises a problem:

In my BSP I've a text box where a user can fill in a rejection reason. I want this filled textbox transferred back and forward bewteen my workflow and my BSP.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Joost van Poppel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Is it an option to change the textbox into several lines with a length of 255 chars? Then you can transfer the lines to their respective container elements.

By the way, how is this transferal done? Maybe there is another option.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Tanks for you reply. I was already thinking this would be the easiest solution, so I applied it like you suggested.

The transferal is done by connecting the BSP via wf_extsrv through characterstrings. From this transaction I generated a task and connected my wf container to the container of the generated task.

I suppose there are also other options like Karri suggested. Haven't tried it yet to use SAP_WAPI_WRITE_CONTAINER, but will take it into account the next time I run in to the same situation. So Karri I also want to thank you for answering. It probably will be very useful in the future.

For now it is just one text box, so it is managable to give the text box back as seperate lines.

Kind regards,

Joost van Poppel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you going to achieve this? What happens when you try to do it?

Have you tried write the stuff into your work item container with function SAP_WAPI_WRITE_CONTAINER?