Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fields missing in item records

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

IDOC - File

IDOC has header line and multiple item lines (appearing in one of the segments of IDOC)

when I mapped, all the fields of the item 1 are displayed but from item2, item3 and so on many fields are missing

i.e say each item has some 25 fields

for item 1, 25 fields are displayed

for item2 onwards only 8 fields are displayed

I want 25 fields to be displayed for item 2, item3 ... item n as well

• all the source side fields are mapped with the destination fields through MapwithDefault ** so even if the source field doesnt come it should populate and empty space

which is not happening now.

can I achieve the above with standard functions?

regards,

nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nikhil,

you need to check all the fields are exisitng or not, by using EXISTS function you can check it out this, if field is doesn't exist just pass the blank value else value of that field. By this way you can get the all fields in target file.Now you can view the file like if the fields having the values those will present in file otherwise blank values will appear which are doesn't have the values.

Hope it will solve u r problem.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veera,

I have used mapwithdefault, which is one step ahead of the exists.

it will populate space if the source field doesnt exists. same time it will populate empty space even if the source segment doesnt appear

so I dont think exists will be of much use.

The first occurance of Item has all the 25 fields(if fields are not present, empty spaces are displayed )

from second item onwards (the same structure of item but the fields vary), only 8 fields are populated

nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its solved.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nikhil

u mean ur target field is notgetting populated ? pls check 4 the following:

1. check ur idoc source fields

2. test ur maping

this might be a mapping issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI nikhil,

Test u r mapping once with the same payload, in your mapping and check whether all item records of fields are populating or not. If all fields for Item2, Item3 .. and so on are not populating then use split by value, for each value.

And give the sample source payload.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nikhil ,

Can you check out the <b>Idoc Matadata in TCodeL: IDX1</b>

this Idoc matadata is same as your message idoc in mapping, no of fields you can check. if it is not like this so <b>import your Idoc again</b> may be it is a problem while Importing.

hope this will help

regards

HONEY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Honey,

its not meta data problem as I could see all the Item details in the first occurance

its in the second occurance of Item onwards, which is giving a problem.

I dont think meta data is a problem here