cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Connector 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am SRM Consultant and not so specialized with XI or Business Connector.

I am working with a customer on SRM 4.0 / CCM 2.0 / Business Connector 4.7 ( standalone scenario ).

We need to have "contract catalogs" in our system ( CCM 2.0 )

So it is important that our contract data in SRM 4.0 will be changed into XML and send to CCM 2.0 Catalog.

This should be done by Business Connector 4.7

I know, that this works with XI - because there appears a flag " Distribute to Catalog" in SRM 4.0.

But how could this work with Business Connector?!

Would be glad, if someone could give me a hint.

Thanks and Regards,

J.H.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi from SAP R/3 , the Business Connector(SAP BC) can accept RFC,IDoc ,BAPI ,HTTP/HTTPS , EMail as Request. Once it reaches BC , you can map the information in to a XML format.

Note:

SAP BC 4.7 is outdated in the market and SAP doesn't support any further(i.e after 2003) and it can run only on jdk1.3 / 1.4

Cheers

-Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

send me your email address i will send you business connector help books . its easy to do the mapping and generate xmls by business connector if you want you can first look at these links below:

http://www.thespot4sap.com/Articles/SAP_XML_Business_Integration.asp

thanxs

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Will SAP still allow you to download Business Connector ? It is supposed to have a very short life remaining, unless SAP has changed their stance.

I'd install XI and get the client ready for the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that Business Connector is antiquated - but the customer works with that.

XI seems to be the future - but it is expensive too.

So - I´ve to find out how it works.

I think I will try to find an BAPI, which mapps the data into XML and send it to BC.

Can anybody tell me what is a "BAPI Driver". I found some of this and they all call up the Business Connector.

Best Regards

J.H.