Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling a standard transaction in new screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have called the tcode ME51N using "call ransaction 'ME51N'" but it opens in the same session(same screen) i want it to be opened in a new session(screen).

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not possiable.

it can open same session.

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Call transaction will start your transaction 'ME51N'" in the same screen and after completion it will return back to your calling program.

#

CALL TRANSACTION tcod [AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN] [USING itab].

This statement saves the data of the calling program, and starts transaction tcod. At the end of the transaction, the system returns to the statement following the call in the calling report. If the LEAVEstatement occurs within the called transaction, the transaction ends and control returns to the program in which the call occurred.

#

One solution can be -

(don't know it will work or not) Create a Function Module (Type Remote function) Inside this FM use your logic of Call transaction.

In your main program. Call the Function Modulel in a NEW TASK. This will create a new session for your Transaction call and Main program will run separately.

regards,

abhishek

0 Kudos

Thanks, i will try this but what do u mean by NEW TASK.

0 Kudos

When you call a Function Module in NEW TASK...( Its an option that is available in CALL FUNCTION ) the FM will be called in Asynchronus mode mode and running of the fm will be independent of the main program.

Syntax

CALL FUNCTION func STARTING NEW TASK task

[DESTINATION {dest|{IN GROUP {group|DEFAULT}}}]

parameter list

[{PERFORMING subr}|{CALLING meth} ON END OF TASK].

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/a846df17c1014e928626637ab06838/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek