cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down problem in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a drop down in a table column & fetching names in that drop down from an infotype & i want that the next column of "Relationship" should be displayed automatically in accordance with the name selected from that drop down.

Now, it is working for the first row but when i insert a second row with an "Insert" button the drop down gets refreshed & names in it are not available.

Please help.

Regards,

Parteek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi parteek....

its because whenever you do a change the wddomodify method will be called.... either you try to avoid codings in that method or use conditions to hold nack your values... in your case you can check whether the second column is empty or not. if it is so then it can be refreshed... else it should chnge only the second row of the table...

---regards,

alex b justin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

just use supply function for that dropdown. Your problem will be solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thanx for your answer, it is helpful.

My first row is working but when i insert a second row using the insert button, first row remains unchanged but i dont find the names in drop down in second row.

i should get al those names again in the drop down for second row also.

and i dint used any coding in wddomodify method. i only added a onactionon_select & on_insert methods.

Rgds.

Parteek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi parteek....

just redifine your logic....

your drop down box is an internal table say it1....

it is present in a table which also represents an internal table say it2.

so whenever a row is appended in it2, refill your it1.

---regards,

alex b justin

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

If I understand your problem correctly, you are trying to insert a new row into the table. The datasource property of your dropdown will be binded to an attribute of type string, am I correct ? So now when you insert the new row, you also need to re-populate the context attribute(which is binded to the dropdown) before you bind the new record to the context node. I hope the info helps you. If you still face the problem please paste the code which you use to insert a new record so that i can check and further advice.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Viqar Ali.