Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service and security....

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if someone suceeded to call a web service via a Java standalone class using a Deployable Proxy ?

If yes, can someone gives me all the steps ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

NB : I succeeded calling a web service via Standalone Proxy. But I want to securize the call to the web service.

I noticed that I cannot use SSL with Standalone Proxy.

If I am missunderstanding something, please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes, you cannot use SSL with standalone proxy.

you can use document security for deployable proxy as i suggested you before in you earlier posts.

Follow these steps:

1. Specify document security as authentication mechanism in web service configuration file.

2. In security tab in this file, choose username+encryption for request and none for response.

2. deploy your web service.

3. Create deployable proxy for this web service.

4. ensure security options for this proxy is also set to document authentication.

5. Deploy this proxy on the server.

6. Go to visual administrator and there check whether XMLEncryption certificate is available under WebserviceSecurity view. If not then create private and public key with name XMLEncryption and XMLEncryption-cert respectively.

7. Assign this certificate to your webservice and proxy in the services, "Web services seurity".

8. write code in Standalone java class to call your pproxy.

Regards,

Bhavik

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Thanks for your reply.

I know that you already helped me with this issue but I didn't succeed calling the Deplyable Proxy from a JAVA Standalone class. I've made the lookup but didn't get any object reference.

I think I should solve this problem first.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Ok you got problem in lookup. Means, you can successfully connect to your WAS server to look up, i guess.

Try using following JNDI lookup.

/wsclients/proxies/sap.com/<Proxy project name>/<package name>.<proxy name>

If you won't get success using this, then go to visual administrator and there go to "JNDI registry" service. There, find your proxy project name under following location wsclients-> proxies-> sap.com.

If not, then check where it is lying in JNDI registery.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavik,

I just developed a couple of java webservices in NetWeaver and they will be exposed as they are suppose to communicate with external systems. So i was going over your instructions on how to implement security on WS. So i have a couple of questions for you, as i am not a really a Java person but an ABAP developer.

So would these instruction be applicable for my senario and what do u mean by create a deployable proxy for a web service. And do you have any code for calling the proxy which u talk about in the last step. And does that class have to be deployed as well?

Thanks

Nahman