cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use AJAX in Web Dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just wanted to know if its possible to use AJAX in Web Dynpro Views? I want to implement some kind of a key press event, when a user presses "h", it gets something from the backend end, then presses another letter, let say "e", then it gets data from the back end again, and so on.

Is it even possible? Or will this type of implementation requires me to use JSP (web application) instead of Web Dynpro?

regards,

arnold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, you wont be able to play around with the client side of WD. you can use JSP/Servlet/JSF and use AJAX.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayyapparaj,

Thanks for the reply. If thats the case, is it possible to call a JSP page from Web Dynpro? The call should display the JSP page as a popup.

Also, Is it safe to assume that the JSP implementation is a different project from the Dynpro DC project?

regards,

arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can call Jsp using Wd either as external Windows or using the concept of resume /suspend plugs.

For Creating JSP's you have to create web projects instead of Webdynpro and package them either as part of a J2EE project and deploy to the engine.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayyapparaj,

I went to my Netweaver development environment, the new project templates that I saw that came near as a web project is the "Create a Portal Application Project". Can this be used for the JSP creation?

regards,

arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No this is for Portal Applications.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayyapparaj,

What can I use in the Netweaver Development environment for a web project?

regards,

arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the menu path choose File>New >Project>J2EE > Web Module Project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File>New >Project>J2EE > Web Module Project

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayyapparaj,

Thanks. By the way, what is the concept of resume /suspend plugs that you mentioned on your earlier post?

regards,

arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kanwalpreet,

Thanks for the reply. The page contains nothing in it. Is it my connection perhaps?

regards,

arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk this

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the suspend and resume plugs of a Web Dynpro application you can leave a Web Dynpro application without destroying it completely. Doing this it is for example possible to navigate to another (Web Dynpro) application, doing some work and navigate back in the end to the suspended Web Dynpro application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayyapparaj,

Thanks.

One last thing, I create a DC Dynpro Project, as well as a DC Web Module Project.

The DC Web Module project exposes a war automatically on its public part.

I build the Wed Module Project, and added the xxx<war> public part to the used DC of my dynpro project.

Is this the right way to do it?

What would now be the path (url parameter) when I try to use a callExternalWindow of IWDWindow? This calls the jsp page on the web module project.

regards,

arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone can answer my last question?

regards,

arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a J2EE Project and add this Webproject to that and deply to your engine. Launch the application. You will be able to see the URL based on your WEB-INF.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayyapparaj,

Thank you for the reply. I tried what you mentioned, but could not find the J2EE project anywhere on the portal. What I did is logged on to the portal as administrator, browsed thru the content management and system administration, but could not find the project.

I read somewhere that I need to package again the J2EE project into a PAR file. After this, deploy it to portal, then create IViews for the pages? Would AJAX work if the JSP is converted to IViews?

regards,

arnold

Answers (0)