cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRT related issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PM Guys,

My client wants to have PRT in one location and want to assign it against each order or technicians.They also want to monitor the following things i.e Stock at hand,List of PRT issued to Orders or technicians. for a particular period etc.

My option is create PRT as material,put it in stock and issue as Good issue-Others to technicians and get back the PRT through return delivery based on Material document created during issue.

Is there is any best way to do this.

Regards

ISWARI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Bala Aluru and Mr Thiyagarajan,

Pl guide me what is the best practice in PRT handling in Maintenance Order.

Pl give outline of the process and based on that I can work for using PRT.

The requirement is all the PRT are costlier and around 50 types of PRT(eg 3 jaw Pneumatic puller of size xxx,Hydraulic Jack of size xxx, etc) and they want to track the what is the current stock,issued were etc. for all the PRT.

I hope you guys will help me.Thanks in advance

Regards

ISWARI

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi iswari

if the requirement is to track the stock then it is better if you have created PRT as material,there are 2 options

1.create a prt as a material and in the order assign this as component .issue with repect to the order and as soon as work is over you can reverse it to the warehous.but the problem is as i said earlier,overhead should be calculated after the reversing of PRT

2.what you said earlier,in addition to that ask the ( Consult with CO in this process) controlling person to create cost center specially for PRTs since it is high value item.Then make the Goods issue others ,in that specify the cost center created and the goods receipt name as well as order no in the long text ( for tracking) then you can reverse the material document

Also you can check in the Inspection control for order,in status check there is an option for checking the <b>status check and inventory audit.</b> ,what is the use of it.( i haven't tried this option)

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before you actually propose/compose a process first do some deep introspection into what the customer requires. Does the customer just need to see which PRT is where? Is it available in the workshop or not? Or do they really need to see it impacting the stock value? And if yes why? Is this stock covered by insurance? Are these tools high value first of all?

Overall, if the requirement is just to track and see history, serial nos., PRT master and assignment in the order should suffice your requirement and will cover your transaction and the report requirement. But if the requirement is also see the impact in stock then you should involve the MM consultant to see what should be the correct movement type and what procedure he found best to take back the PRT into stock. 262 movement type is actually a reversal of an issue is not for returns receipt. The FI consultant might not ok this movement type.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi iswari

Regarding the PRT usage what you have planned is ok.but i think tracking the material document is little difficult.Other option is create an prt as material put into the storage ,reserve for the order and issue the PRT against the order.hence you can track the material document in the order no.But it has some problem in controllin since you are taking with respect to the order ,if you have calcaulated the overhead before reversing the material then the amount will be debited against the cost center specified in order.hence good reversal should be carried out before calcualting overhead.

i think you consult with CO consultant for better planning

regards

thyagarajan