cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create a workflow in Solution Manager ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Actually I have a requirement to create a workflow in solution manager.

The requirement is to create a wf for issue log. As soon as a new <b>issue (support message)</b> is created then the wf should get triggered and send out a mail to the resp. person. It just a sending a mail between issue created and responsible person. Can anyone please let me know if we create a wf in Solman or not ? <b>If so please provide me some related buss. obj for that.</b> thanks

Grateful to your help.

Srithan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srithan,

I have never worked with solution manager, but I think it should be possible. Did you try the basics, like checking transaction SWU3, SWO1 and PFTC or SWDD. You could check the available business objects and workflows, this should give you an idea.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks Very Much for your valuable responces. Unfortunately I couldnot find the proper solution for it since I wanted to learn this. But I handover this to my SolMan consultant telling him that I am unable to get it. and this is some kinda settings should be done by a solman or CRM consultant.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all help.

Actually I am junior level wf developer and I am not sure of actual impact of swu3 customizing. our Basis people say....they dont do this. I am scared of touching the solution manager system. Can anyone suggest me what to in this situation. Can we go ahead with swu3 or we just rollback on this requirement. cos they have an option if nobody is sure about it then they can rollback it.

Please help.

Thanks

Sri

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srithan,

If there are any workflows to be developed on the system, you need the SWU3 customizing. Everything will be done automatically, so the chance of a manual error is slim. You need to have sap_all and sap_new authorization.

Just maintain the Runtime Environment and the Definition Environment first.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin,

I do not have enough authorizations to do so. And I am not able to guarantee my Basis people to do the customizing. though they are enough experinced people they do not want to use swu3 for customizing. I am just bit worried about the impact of it after being done.

Regards,

Srithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you only need to send emails about the issue logged then Sol Man allows this, from memory I think you need to maintain an email address in SU01 of the user. Check the documentation out, we did this during our training a few months ago but haven't used it since!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean to say that we can send mails without creating the workflow or by creating the workflow ? either way can you please give me some more information?

Thanks

Srithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srithan

I just replicated this in our system.

I went to NOTIF_CREATE to create the support notification, I assigned to a user who has her email address maintained in SU01. I clicked Save and it immediately appeared in SOST - so as I said the system already supports it. Give it a go and let me know if you have any issues.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you have any updates on this?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I was just testing this this. As you said I have created a message but I couldnt find anything in the SOST. I waited for 15 mins but still dont find any. basis has set up email id (with remote mail) in su01 for both the creator and resp. person but havent got any.

Ravi, I would like to ask you couple of things. Actually I was asked to create a wf for this. Just to send mails between creator and resp. person as soon as there is a change in the status.

As you said, if the standard is there can you please give me some proper docu on that. cos I have already taken 4 days but have got no progress on this.

I give my mail Id if u feel to send any doc.

Message was edited by:

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all please remove your email id from the post, it can be targeted by spammers hence the forum guidelines refrain you from doing it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any doco on the SM stuff as the system was already set up. Go through SAP Help as the set up seemed pretty standard, make sure you have checked all the flags in SOST when you check.

Good Luck

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

Thanks for that.

As you adviced I dont see any checks in SOST. this is advanced version it seems. I dont see selection screen first. both are included in one screen. I am just a abap consultant. So if there is a standard functionality to send the mails then i can keep our functional people know about it. we dont need to develop a new wf for this.

Can anyone help me out on how to get this done in standard ?

Thanks

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SOST should have a new tabs and the check boxes are on he second one - Send Status tab.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have tried all the options but couldnt find any entry in it. I can see few other entries but not mine. The other entries are existing since 2 days. Can you help me out in anyway please?

Regards

Srithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at this...http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

In addition to my previous Q Can you please let me know this.

if we want to create a workflow then there should be an event gets triggered for each action right ?

I mean to say as I told you earlier I need to send the mail everytime the status get changed in STWB_WORK tcode. This is done by user manually. So when there is a change in the status then there should be an event. otherwise we cannot call the workflow isnt it ?

I have changed the status from new to in process but I dont see any event got triggered this time.

Can you please confirm it.

thanks

Srithan

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to Place certain actions after status change of a transaction, it's better to do this with an action profile and a condition for that action:

In Solman check SPRO path:

CRM>Transactions>Basic settings-->Define transaction types

In this activity double click the transaction type to find out what the action profile is:

Now go to:

CRM>Basic functions>Actions>Actions in transactions>Change actions and conditions-->Define action profiles and actions

Here you can add an action definition on the action profile, this can be methods, workflow or in your case a smartform mail.

If the action profile is a SAP standard (doesn't begin with Z) it is advisable to copy the standard. Also, this is more of a CRM/Solman consultant issue, so you may have to involve such a consultant

Now go to

CRM>Basic functions>Actions>Actions in transactions>Change actions and conditions-->Define Conditions

Here you can add conditions which will cause the action to be executed.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats Great Rob,

Thanks a Lot. I proceed as you said and I am gonna handover it to them now.

Thanks once again.

Srithan

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great to hear that Srithan,

When this issue is solved, could you update this thread and change it to solved?

This will enhance the usage of this forum espescially for members searching for a solution to the same problem.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could create a workflow based on the creation of BO BUS2000116, but his is only useful if you want extras like deadline monitoring.

If you only want a mail sent when it is created, it is far better to simply include a new action in the action profile of this transaction.

For more info check this blog:

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although not a direct answer to your question, perhaps <a href="/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/05/03/solution-manager-cen-and-alerting-configuration-guide-for-dummies guide</a> which explains how to set up alerts can be useful (I would expect notifications to responsible persons as a standard feature...).

I found it in <a href=" thread</a> in the forum , which is more appropriate for this question.