Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting errors for specific record in call transaction using messtab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to get errors, while calling transaction, specific to the record. For example, if I have 10 records, and record 6 gives me some status messages ( these messages are going into messtab), I want to know if these messages belong to record 6. In messtab, it does not show what record the error message belongs to, it just shows me the error message. Is there any way we can get this sort of info? Right now I am calling format message for each loop for my records, to know which record has what errors. Is there any other more efficient way of doing this?

I hope I was able to explain my issue. If not...please let me know. Thanks in advanced for the wonderful help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you get the messages in the MESSTAB table, at the same time populate those messages and the record details in another internal table. Use the another internal table to show the output to the user.

Hope it is clear. Let me know if you need further help.

Regards,

Atish

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you get the messages in the MESSTAB table, at the same time populate those messages and the record details in another internal table. Use the another internal table to show the output to the user.

Hope it is clear. Let me know if you need further help.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I solved the issue using the another internal table and storing all the required field.