cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eREC - How to find at which activity type a candidate has been rejected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

I am new to the eRECRUIT system and I have a reporting need in which I have to list all the activity types that took place for a given requisition and also mention the number of candidates that appeared for each activity type along with the number that have been rejected or withdrawn.

I was able to obtain the candidates that applied for a requistion, but am having difficulty obtaining the information regarding during what activity type a particular candidate has been rejected or withdrawn.

For example, the requisition # 123456 has the following the activity types...

4210 – Initial Screening

4020 – Job Interview

2040 – Assessment Center

4030 – Written Test

After each activity type, some of the candidates are rejected and eventually at the end one candidate is hired.

Can you please let me know where I can find the info to answer the following question...

"AT WHAT ACTIVITY TYPE IS THE CANDIDATE 'ABC' REJECTED?"

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudheer,

this is a quite interesting approach on the reporting and of course it is possible to determine this by using create, process and the last changed time stamp (not available in e-recruiting 300). But this is very difficult and a lot of calculation and will become a real horror in performance.

I have discussed similar request wih different customers and in most cases redefining the report does not result in a loss of the information but in a much easier reporting and even better numbers if you change from negative to active reporting. Why don't you report how much is done instead of how many do not pass?

The report you describe is a standard recruiting efficency analysis. The e-recruiting process which is reported is usually a linear one without any cycles. You get let's say 100 applications for a requisition, you screen them, you invite 50 for a test, invite 5 for interview make 3 offers and one accepts it and is hired - you do not step back to screening after the interview etc.

So why do you have to determine when how namy people were rejected. Why not reporting the work done. You just read the number of of activities and instead of reporting:

"we got 100 applications rejected 50 after screening rejected 45 after test rejected another 2 after interview and hired one of the 3 who passed"

you report:

"for hiring 1 guy we got 100 applications which we had to screen, we had to process 50 tests, make 5 interviews, wrote 3 offers".

It is the same content. It is even a much better overview how much work was needed for the hiring success as you have the number of actions taken. When you have a process with 20 activities and the 10th is the questionaire for the hiring department it is difficult to get the number of questionairs send if you have to add up the number of rejects in the steps before and subtract from the overall application number.

Btw.: the question "AT WHAT ACTIVITY TYPE IS THE CANDIDATE 'ABC' REJECTED?" is wrong for e-recruiting as candidates are never rejected. Only applications and candidacies are rejected. Candidates last in the system.

Btw.2: Yes the guys from the hr departments hate me as i have to redefine their requests every time ;o)

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman -

Appreciate your time taken for the post. Yes, active reporting is also part of the report requirements but they need to know the number of candidacies that are rejected at a given activity type. We are using ERec 600 (SP 10). Is there a way to acheive this by using create, process and last changed timestamp mechanism ? If so, please let me know how? Thanks!

PS: Yes, my bad...candidacies are rejected not the candidates

Sudheer.

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudheer,

I would choosebetween 2 options for our reporting.

If you have a pure linear recruitment process. Meaning you have acticvity A,B,C,D after which an rejection can take place and there is always A then B then C and then D or a sequence which might miss one of the activities but never is turned like A,D,B - i would not have a look at times or dates at all. I would just get all rejections thean check which candidacies have an activity D these are the ones rejected after D. For the rest you check the ones having a C, these are the ones rejected after C and so on.

If you have a process including cycles or beeing at least that kind of unprecdictable that all orders of activities are possible i would get all rejections, too but still ignore the date / time of the status change activities. i would just get a list of es of the types (A,B,C,D) of a candidacy interesting for your report including completion date and time stamp for last change. sort this descending and the activity with the highest date is the one after which the rejection should logically have taken place. If it is better to use completion date or the change time stamp is difficult as thedate is set only once while the timestamp is more detailed. If you have a very fast process having a high chance that A,B,C,D Activities are completed at the same da I would go for the time stamp else for the date.

Only if ou have special process descriptions / implementation like: when someone passed a test and is invited to an interview which has not taken place jet but the hiring manager makes a decision for another candidate so the interview is obsolete and closed by setting it to completed. but your report is supposed to say "rejected after test" as the interview never took place, then you have to compare the list of activities against the date / time stamp of the status change activity to get the one with the highest date / time stamp being lower than the status change activity.

But this szenario is very unprobable as it would make active reporting impossible.

So just invest effort into checks and logik if it is really necessary.

Best Regards

Roman