cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you tell me why we use Virtual receiver in Sender Aggrement and Receiver Deteremination.

also in which scenarios do we use it:

Case1: Sender is Party

and receiver is Service without party

Case2:

Sender is Service without party

and reciever is Party

Pls advice...

XIer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we are using virtual receivers, the need for interface determination is avoided by providing some dummy names. This could be used when there is no actual mapping between the sender and the receiver structures. At that time the IR development could prove out to be time consuming and useless. So to avoid that, we may use dummy names in ID.

A real world scenario

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

You can look into a sample B2B scenario and use of the virtual receiver in this document - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0b355ae-0501-0010-3b83-8f2...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

good explanation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ca/efb540efe68631e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

SAP HELP>>

<i>Receiver-Dependent Routing

You can define receiver determinations as receiver-dependent.

You can use this property when configuring cross-company processes where not all communication parties know the entire system landscape description. In this case, you can release an external view of your system landscape for your communication parties. Your communication party then knows the externally released virtual receiver to which he can send his messages. By defining one receiver determination that is dependent on a virtual receiver, you can define the internal receiver system to which the message is to be forwarded.

If you want to create a receiver-dependent receiver determination, select the Sender Uses Virtual Receiver checkbox in the create dialog.The system then displays the input fields for the receiver (party, service).

</i>

As per the excerpts it can be used for both receivers (service and party)

regards

Pratibha

**correct me if i am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is usually used in B2B scenarios,also have a look at the following blog to read more about it,even a simple SDN search won't hurt either.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

Thanx

Aamir