cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction ABUMN Error - Intracompany transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to use the transaction ABUMN to do a transfer within a company code. I'm getting the error Transaction type XXX cannot be used for activity "Retirement from Intracompany transfer" I have tried transaction type 300 as well as creating custom transactions. All with the same error. I am able to use the old transaction ABUM.

Has anyone ran into this error or can you share the transaction settings you are using with this transaction?

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have verified the settings on transactions 300 and 320 and result is the same error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi diane,

in t code ABUMN i find no tranacstion type entering manually. the special of these t code is by selecting the options of intra transfers it automatically takes the respective transaction type and the post the document.

for that u have to create the asset that u want to transfer it with the same t code right.

if these is not the right answer for ur query, pls,

go with the path:

spro-financial accountingasset accountingtransactionstransfers---chick all the there options regarding that.

If you find the above answer helps to resolve your query kindly provide the marks

regards,

supriya thodimela.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have my transfer variant set up like that. I have also tried different custom transactions in place of the 300 / 310 with the same error message. It seems what ever I have tried doesn't get me past the message Transaction type 300 cannot be used for activity "Retirement from Intracompany transfer'" Message AAPO 176. I've applied a couple of OSS notes that were somewhat related to that error message, but no improvement. In researching this transaction it sounds like it's working for everyone else so I must be missing something.

What transaction do you have in the Specify Default transaction types under Retirement from Intracompany transfer and Acquisition from intracompany transfer?

I appreciate the help and I'm open for any other suggestions, Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in AO76, there are many transaction type. One of them is : 300.

Detail of transaction type 300 as follows :

Credit transaction.

Deactivate fixed asset is ticked.

document type : AA

Transfer adopting dep.start date is ticked.

Tty offsetting entry = 310

acquisition in same year = 320

Do not post to affiliated co is ticked

post net is ticked.

hope this help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hope this helps

it is stated :

Depreciation Areas

Transfer posting from one fixed asset to another within the same company code can be carried out in one step. The prerequisites, however, for automatic transfer posting are that no values (APC and depreciation) from the sending asset are lost, and that every area of the target asset is supplied with values. Below is a more detailed listing of what you need to fulfill these prerequisites:

Each depreciation area of the sending asset, for which the system determined a retirement amount, also has to be managed in the target asset.

Each non-dependent depreciation area in the target asset also has to be managed in the sending asset.

If ordinary depreciation is calculated for a depreciation area of the sending asset, the corresponding area in the target asset also has to calculate ordinary depreciation. The same applies for special depreciation.

The keys used for investment support measures must correspond in each depreciation area. The same applies to revaluation keys.

If it is not possible to use automatic transfer posting because of these restrictions, you have to manually post a retirement and then an acquisition to carry out the transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

when you run ABUMN, Your "transfer variant" (in Additional Details Tab) should be set to 4. This transfer variant will determine transaction type which is used.

So if you used transaction type 300 for retirement, please make sure that you have already define 300 in the transfer variant. You can check in in this path :

SPRO => Financial Accounting => Asset Accounting => Transactions => Intercompany Asset Transfer => Automatic Intercompany asset Transfers => Define Transfer Variant

For Transfer within company code (intracompany transfer), Normally I set as follow (set in "Define Transfer variant" as i said above):

Rel.Type = 2

Crs-sys.ar = *

Rel.cr-syst area = generic entry

Trans Meth = 1

Retmt tr.type = 300

Acq.trans typ = 310

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

That gives me the same error message.

Former Member