cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CENVAT postings and calculations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We maintain the tax code with the help of which system calculates the taxes on items.

In tax code we maintain the condition types for calculation of taxes.How can i check how much amount has been paid as BED for example and other taxes on purchase of various items in a specific period.

Also how G/L accounts are assigned to various taxes or condition types.What is the significance of account keys in calculation schema?

Also how does sytem calculates the CENVAT amount( from where does the system get all information about calculation of CENVAT) and post it to the system.

Also in PO whether we have to mention the tax code everytime ,and is there any direct relation of tax code > material, taxcode> vendor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika

Here i am giving you snap shot of CIN in SAP first you understand following example

Suppose you have purchase raw material so for this whatever excise duty you have paid is recordinf Separately in the register named RG23A. Similarly in case of Capital its known as RG23C.

The only difference between them is that in case of RG23A full value of excise goes to regaister.Suppose on total value of PO 100rs you pay excise 16% i.e. 16 and education cess is 2% i.e. 0.32.

In this case RG23A will updated as follows at the time of MIGO

Excise Entries

RG23A BED 16.00

RG23A Ecess 0.32

Cenvate clearing account -16.32

Stock Enteries

Stock account 100

Gr/IR account -100

In case of capital only 50% of duty goes to the register rest of Excise amount goes to hold.If we take above example then following transaction happens

Excise entries

RG23C BED 8.00

RG23C Ecess 0.16

Cenvate on hold 8.16

Cenvat Clearing account -16.32

Stock Entries

Stock account 100

Gr/IR account -100

After one year of this excise transaction on hold amount of capital goods can be transferred to registers according to excise law.For this transaction code is j2i8.

in PART1 entries also there is excise invoice details ?

Ans --> In excise invoise qty you are reciving are treated as part 1 entries at the time of capturing invoice part1 of respective excise register gets updated.

afetr posting excise invoice, what about invoice verification ?

At the time of invoice verification

following entries passes on if we take above example

Vendor account - 116.32

GR/IR account 100.00

Cenvate clearing acc 16.32

I hope this would clarify doubts regarding entries

Another regsiters used are

RG1 --> For Finished good means at the time of sending them out this registe updates

Now next

<b>Also how G/L accounts are assigned to various taxes or condition types.What is the significance of account keys in calculation schema</b>

These are assigned according to Excise transaction Type for example for goods recipt we use GRPO so we assigne GL codes w.r.t. Excise Group Excise TT and Company Code at

IMG--> Logistic General --> Tax on Good Movement --> India --> account Determination --> Specify GL codes to excise Transaction Type

Then Excise Transaction type are determined according to Movement type which can check here

IMG--> Logistic General --> Tax on Good Movement --> India --> Business transaction >Incoming Excise Invoice> Specify which Movement type Involve Excise Invoice

I hope now you can get clear picture of CENVAT postings and calculations

Regards

Vivek

-- Reward for the Efforts

Answers (0)