cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on CCMS Agent!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am trying to install CCMS agent in one of our dev systems, but it gives me <b>syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected</b>..

I have installed agent in /usr/sap/sid/SYS/exe/run : sapccm4x

When I try to look for the version: mean: sapccm4x -v; it gives me an error <b>syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected</b>..

Even when I try with profile parameter: mean: <b>sapccm4x –R pf=<profile path></b>

/usr/sap/<SysID>/SYS/profile/

<SysID>_<Name of the instance directory>_<Host>

Please help!

Thanks,

I will reward points

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also,

OK Here is the senario:

I found the CCMS agent directory.

I am installing ccms agent in ecc system on dev box. It is unicode. I want to monitor ecc through solman. so I am trying to configure ccms agent in ecc so I can get setup ccms monitoring in solman for ecc systems..

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Prince,

Where do I find that log? location please?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks prince.

Now the error has become only saying <b>Last reported error: [249] CCMS monitoring segment has wrong EYE CATCH

</b>

Yes, I have done CSMCONF part.

I am on 640 patch 155. I just download kernel part 1 with the patch level 155 in a diff.. direcotry, extracted, copied over sapccm4x fiel to .../exe... so now, it does not say any other error than <b>Last reported error: [249] CCMS monitoring segment has wrong EYE CATCH..

Any further idea?

Thanks alot for your help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the child system where you install ccmsagent is unicode ? Check the logs of ccms agent which is created on the ccmsagent directory

Thanks

Prince Jose

Message was edited by:

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for reply. I am using 640 kernel. It does not give syntax error any more. when I do the following:

sapccm4x –R pf=<profile path>

<b>Then I got the following options:</b>

additional CENTRAL system y/[n] ? : y

SAP system ID: : SID of solman

additional CENTRAL system y/[n] ? : n

INFO: found ini file /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/log/sapccm4x/sapccmsr.ini.

INFO:

CCMS version 20040229, 64 bit, multithreaded, Unicode

compiled at Aug 13 2007

systemid 324 (IBM RS/6000 with AIX)

relno 6400

patch text patch collection 2007/4, OSS note 1013331

patchno 196

intno 20020600

running on HOST NAME AIX 3 5 0009EADED600

pid 1052810

profile /sapmnt/SID/profile/SID_DVEBMGS00_HOSTNAME

ERROR: Cannot open Monitoring Segment 0 rtc = 245

Last reported error: [249] CCMS monitoring segment has wrong EYE CATCH: CCMS mo nitoring segment belongs to a non-ABAP instance.

SAPCCM4X of release 6.40 is to be used only to monitor ABAP instances of kernel release 7.00 (NW04s) or 6.40.

Any futher idea why is it doing this?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do have an additional solution manager or only one ?

additional CENTRAL system y/[n] ? : y

Use the default value for that ,

Did you copy the csmconf file to the workinf directory of sapccm4x ? its not a big issue though , if didnt copy it will ask you to give values like solman client , servername etc ,

Are you try to monitor non ABAP things here or its a ABAP stack ? sapccm4x is used to monitor only ABAP instance

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prince,

I have figure out the file. I got it of from new kernel and copied over. Now I am facing another problem when I do the following:

sapccm4x –R pf=<profile path>

<b>

ERROR: Cannot open Monitoring Segment 0 rtc = 245

Last reported error: [249] CCMS monitoring segment has wrong EYE CATCH: CCMS mo nitoring segment belongs to a non-ABAP instance.

SAPCCM4X of release 6.40 is to be used only to monitor ABAP instances of kernel release 7.00 (NW04s) or 6.40.</b>

Any Idea?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick help. If you dont mind, can you please elaborate little more? and direction from where.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

http://service.sap.com/patches --> Entry by Application Group -->Additional Components --> SAP Kernel --> select your krtnel and OS --> Database independent --> ccmagent* .SAR

this contains the sapccm4x file.

then use to register the agent

sapccm4x -R pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/<SID>_DVEBMGS##_<server>.

So are you monitoring system with kernel less than 640? Looks like sapccms4x isn’t downward compatible, i thought it is downward compatible

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to download the latest version from SMP and update the agent.The file might be corrupted

Thanks

Prince Jose