cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to RFC scenario - receiver determination problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Im trying to work out a flat file to RFC scenario, and am facing problems in configuring the receiver determination .

While creating my receiver determination, in the configured receivers, when i click on the F4 help to select service, i do not see the business system that i configured in SLD .

This system i have configured as an WAS ABAP system and provided all relevant data. I can also import objects from this system into IR, so i dont think i have set it up wrongly. I have also created RFC destination .

Is there some setting that has to be made that im missing ? Could somebody point out why im not able to see this system in the list of business services available at receiver configuration time ?

Thanks,

Joe

I also cleared the SLD cache by the way.. that didnt work either .

Message was edited by:

Joe Stein

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for you replies guys , but problems still not solved ;

1. I looked at the blog given and ive done everything pretty much as given . My problem lies in not finding the business system itself in the list of services for the configured receiver. How to implement this has not been shown in the blog.

2. I tried refreshing the cache and checking again, but it still doesnt show me the necessary step.

SOS !

I checked in the inbound system , and found that an RFC wasnt created for the XI system . I created that but i still cant see this system as a business system when i try to create the receiver determination . Do i need to recreate the technical system in the landscape to incorporate this change ?

Any pointers at all ??

Message was edited by:

Joe Stein

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would need to import the Business System in the ID s mentiond above.

Clear the SLD Data Cache in the Integration Directory, and then righr Click On Business System --> Assign Business System and here you should now see the Business System.

Also make sure that you are not using a party here.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A business system is attached to the technical systems....

So in SLD need to create a Technical system first if does not exist and then attach the business system to it.

Next need to import it into Integration Directory, UnderService Without party----->

business System.

Then you will see your Business system in the receiver determination step...

Hope this helps.....

Mili-

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was it , I didnt know i had to assign the business system here .. pretty basic stuff i guess.. but im learning !

Thanks a lot for your help Bhavesh, and this time, since the point system is working , Ive tossed 10 big ones your way !

Thanks,

Joe

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyone faces this issue when they start with XI .. I did as well.. Have fun

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out if u giving the correct service for the Interface u want. and then try again to search..

Seems that you are providing incorrect service when u creating Receiver determination.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

refresh the cache and then try it out once again.

chk out this link for more info..

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

regards

madhu

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

First import the business system to IB Directory.

Regards,

Udo