cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module for Sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for the function module for sales order creation. From my research I found out that it is BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1. Is this the right one? Can anybody confirm?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

To create a sales order through Function module: you need to use the following:

IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS

to be processed through an ORDERS type of IDOC

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

you can also find all FM for sales order creation in the BAPI explorer (transaction BAPI).

You can see there that "BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1"is absolete from 46C on, so if you are on a newer release you should use "BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2". The functionality is also quite well documented there.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You can also try -

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1 Sales order: Create Sales Order

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 Sales order: Create Sales Order

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDATA Create Sales Order, No More Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I put a breakpoint on all the 3 FMs and created a sales order. None of them was called. I wonder if there is some other FM.. Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could check if breakpoint in module pool SAPMV45A would be of any help to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1 for sales order creation and its working fine. I wanted to know if we can use this same FM for returns order? In the regular process I use the invoice document as a reference to create the returns order. How do I use BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1 for the same? In which field do I specify the invoice number?

Any suggestions will be rewarded.

Thanks.